PDA

View Full Version : Got a new one

viperryder
05-02-2019, 07:08 AM
Yesterday, I talked with one of my friends, he has a 2017 RTS, and was having problems with the famous CODES. His Spyder was showing 7 different codes. Was finally able to get his Spyder to the shop on Saturday, 27 April 2019, and finally Monday they called to make arrangements to pick his Spyder up for repair. He talked with one of the people that signed in his Spyder, they forgot. Finally he got a call yesterday, 1 May 2019, that they had found the problem. Are you ready for this. They told him that the battery cables needed to be recharged. I told him, I have never heard of this before. We both live in northeastern Ohio and there is just one dealer, won't mention their name but this is what they determined to be the final problem. Cost was total $84. Had to have battery cables charged, go figure!!!!!

JP58
05-02-2019, 07:15 AM
Probably meant battery recharged. But they probably tightened the battery cables and that usually fixes that problem.

spydernatic
05-02-2019, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=JP58;1439372]Probably meant battery recharged. But they probably tightened the battery cables and that usually fixes that problem.[/QUO
Seems to be a recurring problem on 2017 and 2018 Spyders had the same problem but had to get battery replaced. Anyone reading this if you purchase any of these year model the 1st thing I would do is get a wrench and tighten those battery terminal down tight.

Thopper
05-02-2019, 10:05 AM
Yup...cables were sorta loose....thx. 2018 rt

Chupaca
05-02-2019, 10:05 AM
Many shops have the tech give the information to the service writer who in many cases is not a tech. So it easy to get missinformation and he probably combined the charging of the battery and the tightening of the cables. Good that is all it was and the charge was minimal. Hope he is on his way all fixed up....:thumbup: