PDA

View Full Version : Programming new key...

frj322
05-01-2019, 11:09 AM
Hi folks,
Not sure if the mods will want to move this to the F3 forum or if all the new model Spyder keys are the same? We had the wife's new 2018 F3S delivered from iMotorsports yesterday and she LOVES it! I'll update that thread when a couple of delivery issues are resolved. A big concern is we only received one key, they are currently looking for the other. If they can't find it, how big a deal is it to program a second key if I already have a working key? I've got the key code (the one that comes with the factory key sleeves). Do they cut a key from this and then, like so many modern cars, I start the bike with a known-good key and then the new key within so many seconds and its magically programmed? Does this involve a trip to the dealer and waiting hours and hours at someone's expense?

billybovine
05-01-2019, 11:22 AM
In theory if you have the key code. A locksmith can computer cut a new key from that code. From what I have read it may be an issue finding a locksmith that can decode the key code. That saves replacing the ignition switch and all the other locks on the Spyder. When all keys are lost.

When a key is lost and a new key is needed. BUDS2 software on a laptop plugged into your computer is needed to delete the lost key and add the new key. Normally done by dealer.