PDA

View Full Version : Talk about Service

Mo Lee
06-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Yesterday coming home from work I realized the Spyder was close to due its 3000 mile service. Since today was my day off I thought I would check to see if Cowtown could work it in, when I talked to the service manager this morning he said he could get to it at 2pm. I dropped it off around 1pm and he said come back at 330pm, by the way I also decided to have them to install a new muffler at the same time. I arrived back at 3pm and the Spyder was ready to go. I should add it runs and sounds great. I've read so many negative threads on here about poor service, I'm sure glad I have the dealer I have. Just want to say thanks to the Cowtown Kid (aka streak) and his great crew.

Lee

Remmos
06-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Along the same lines, I've always had great service with my dealer, Rec World, here in Vegas.

Jeff

BumbleBee
06-27-2009, 06:32 PM
I too will be taking my spyder to Cowtown USA in Cuba. Waiting for my 4in risers to come in. Nice to know that they do great service!!!!:yes:

recworldlv
06-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Along the same lines, I've always had great service with my dealer, Rec World, here in Vegas.

Jeff When you have had a family business in the same location for more than 50 years you have had lots of time to learn that you have to treat people the way you want to be treated and you have to give them the best service you can if you want to keep them as customers. One mistake with one customer can cost you a number of customers in todays market place thanks to the internet (thats a good thing). No customers no income no business. One of the biggest challenges is keeping up with new technology, and finding good tecs. to work in our industry. mark :doorag:

xpeschon
06-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Yep them guys are really GREAT... I have always been treated the way a customer should be treated at Cowtown... I'm trying to sneak up there (and will call today) for my 3,000 mile oil change as well... Again, Great Dealership with a lot of professionalism....

Joe

BumbleBee
08-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Had my 600 mile service done yesterday. Updates on recall steering and groundwires were done. Had a few mods installed from my dealer also. Be test ryding my spyder today, follow-up on how my spyder runs now, will follow.

I had a lot of questions for them, and I got all my answers with professionalism!!

What service, Techs and Reps are superb :firstplace: Those guys are really great and know what they are doing and talking about. The whole crew up there are great!!! It's a good feeling when you have a great Dealership like that.

A big thanks to those guys up there :thumbup:

irish2themax
08-29-2009, 08:08 PM
I had a very pleasant experience with Fun On Wheels in Frederick MD. I know some have said that FOW never returns phone calls so I asked them about that. The manager, Tom, said that they had problems with their phone system for quite a while until the phone company finally solved it.

Sam has been my mechanic and he knows his stuff. I couldn't be more pleased.

By the way, FOW is going into the custom painting business BIG TIME! Tom is going to send me pics of some of the finished products and I will post them.

They have an "exchange program" where you can order custom painted panels and swap therm out with your existing panels. Then send them the old panels...no down time!

Tome will also give me pricing info and other details.

Stay tuned

MizMuffet
08-30-2009, 08:02 AM
I thought this folder was for Missouri? I'm confused!
Maybe some of you guys are just willing to ride 1700 miles for good service? Lol
Any input on how competent the techs are at servicing Spyders at Ted's Motorcycle World? My update revealed I need a new DPS unit and Im waiting on the part tocome in.

Karen

BumbleBee
08-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Maybe some of you guys are just willing to ride 1700 miles for good service? Lol
Any input on how competent the techs are at servicing Spyders at Ted's Motorcycle World? My update revealed I need a new DPS unit and Im waiting on the part tocome in.

Karen

I for one, am not going to ryde that far for service :roflblack:
We have a great team of Techs in Cuba, MO, about 45 minute drive from us. Several of us go to Cuba,MO. They are a Can Am/Bombardia Dealer. Sorry, can't give you any input about Ted's Motorcycle World. Also sorry to hear that you need a new DPS unit. I hope everything goes well for you!
Had my 600 mile service, update, and groundwires done on friday, my spyder is doing great.

Mo Lee
08-30-2009, 11:29 AM

Karen

Actually Irish is a Missourian, He just went the wrong direction after the USO run here at the Fort last June! Great guy and I for one welcome his comments anywhere.

BumbleBee
08-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Actually Irish is a Missourian, He just went the wrong direction after the USO run here at the Fort last June! Great guy and I for one welcome his comments anywhere.

:agree:, Missouri or not, we welcome anybody!!! welcome

farmerjim
09-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Does anyone know how the service is in Farmington? I live in Southeast Missouri and I'm looking to buy soon, but want to know where the best service is. Possibly looking at Paducah, Kentucky as well. Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks. :2excited:

dave01
09-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Not too sure of the distance, but there are some great people here.

http://www.cowtownusainc.com/

Mo Lee
09-21-2010, 05:39 AM
Did not know Farmington had a dealer. I'm with Dave though Cowtown is only maybe 50 more miles and Rick, Len and the whole crew are top notch, just do a search on this site for Cowtown and you will be suprised at all of the positive comments.

GloryRyders
09-26-2010, 05:36 PM
:agree:I would agree that the extra miles to go to Cowtown is worth it........the service is outstanding and they always go above and beyond to help with suggestions on the best mods to install :2thumbs:

ThreeFeet
10-01-2010, 01:54 PM
I just bought my second Spyder :2thumbs:(an RT S #0514 or0549 Have to go look ) Anyway now have 2 spyders in the garage. AND I AM SURE THAT KEVIN AND THE CREW WALK ON WATER WHEN IT COMES TO SPYDERS!!!!!!Cowtown ROCKS!!! I really don't think you can get any better service than what cowtown hands out anyplace else. My SE5 needed the DPS unit:sour: (on recall) replaced and Kevin worked on it almost all day as it's a bumber to get out and then new back in. In the meantime I went off on my new 2010 RT S Had a blast on it and still learning how to drive it!!! The SE5 had a little porblem of oil not on the dip stick. Seems it had a cloged oil line:dontknow: or tube finding it wasn't easy But Kevin figured it out and got it straightened out and fixed:bowdown:. No problem seems to be tooo big or small for them they just:bowdown::bowdown: GET ER DONE!!!! Great folks there. I can't thank them enough for bringing my new RTS down to SITS for me:yes:. I didn't get to Lomonts BBQ as I really tried doing too many things in one day:lecturef_smilie: and they had the bike there as a surprise for me. My sincere appologies to G MAN:firstplace: for not getting there:opps: and messing up his day:yikes: as he was the one out looking for me to lead me to Lamonts. I WILL get to Lamonts BBQ next time if he has one. I won't do anything that day except try to find his place!!! ........ThreeFeet( should be SixFeet now):spyder2: