PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Connected an IPAD

Thopper
04-30-2019, 12:20 PM
To the BRP connect? I have tried but no luck. In fact the USB BRP connect USB port in the frunk wont even charge the iPad. I have successfully connected two iphones.

billybovine
04-30-2019, 12:33 PM
BRP Connect app is not allowed to be installed on a tablet for android. I would assume the same would apply iPad.

There is only 500ma of power for the connected device on the dash usb plug. That is barely enough to keep my phone charged. No where close enough for a tablet.

Thopper
04-30-2019, 03:51 PM
I figured something like that (low power) Thx. Another question: I purchased the $39.00 Genius app. but when I connect it says I am running a trial version. Probably an apple/phone/user question. I am challenged with this stuff...surprised I got this far! When running the app. I am stuck in "driver assist" and cannot get out of it...this app. needs work for simple folks like me.

billybovine
04-30-2019, 07:45 PM
When you install onto another device you have to go into settings and choose Restore purchases or something like that.

You only paid 39.00. Well I paid more than that. On sale. Had to purchase Pro guidance north america. That gets it working on your device. But it won't work with BRP Connect until you purchase Vehicle Connectivity north america as well.

Flamewinger
05-01-2019, 08:09 PM
I just tried. I can install BRP Connect to my iPad mini. I can install the apps (but won't do the purchase switch). BUT . . . when I try to pair to the bike I see the bike pop up in the BT screen for just a second then it disappears and as I try a few times, I don't see it again. So it can't be added. Plug it in and nothing as the bike wants a phone to connect.

jwulf74
05-02-2019, 03:51 PM
Same with our iPod... BT just flashes and won't connect. We are on software 10.something though... getting it upgraded on the 11th...

I just tried. I can install BRP Connect to my iPad mini. I can install the apps (but won't do the purchase switch). BUT . . . when I try to pair to the bike I see the bike pop up in the BT screen for just a second then it disappears and as I try a few times, I don't see it again. So it can't be added. Plug it in and nothing as the bike wants a phone to connect.