PDA

View Full Version : Wheelchair brackets

Questions
06-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I’ve been interested in the Spyder ever since its release 3 years ago and am finally in a position to make a purchase. The only obstacle that I’m trying to overcome is deciding what type of bracket or platform I should use for my rigid wheelchair. I noticed a few types that sit directly behind the rider and another that mounts on the side but the side mount looks like its designed for a folding wheelchair. If anyone has any pictures or feedback of their setup I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
James

RoadHammer
07-02-2009, 12:02 PM
im working on a bracket, half of the rigid on one side and the wheels on the other side. I dont want to cover the passenger seat for obvious reasons.. Will post when completed.

canchess
05-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Hi. Wondered if your wheelchair is going with
You? Thank you:)

RoadHammer
05-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi. Wondered if your wheelchair is going with
You? Thank you:)
yes last year, look at my album.
Also look at a user here racketdave, setho for ideas on how you want your chair on the bike.

i use a rigid, only reason i dont have racketdaves setup is because i wanted the givi trunk, and his rack is not usable with that.

TreeHillSpyder
05-05-2010, 09:23 PM
The Rackiton.com wheelchair rack works awesome for me! If you need more storage, look into a smuggler trunk from Corbin or BRP Saddlebags. Most of the time though, I just use the trunk.

Brian
Wilmington, NC

SethO
05-16-2010, 01:38 AM
I just finished the aluminum version of mine that I had at spyderfest, this one is 1/3 or less weight of my wood setup and way more stable, I have to beat the **** out of it before I can sell it. I have had it up to 120mph on the speedo and it holds great, unfortunately it is going to cost a little over 500 bones to sell. Mine can be a wheelchair bracket or a huge storage setup that goes over the back seat. I have a rigid frame quickie GT and I have a t8 sci (can't feel below chest) and I have not trouble going whereever I need to by myself.

They are called STD racks, "We stick with you"

HotWheels
05-19-2010, 10:10 PM
I like David's idea and he is a cool person to talk to. The prices is up there but there is no prices on satisfaction and safety so check out the site the video is really cool. Saving up now to get one of his racks right now.

http://www.rackiton.com/index.html

RoadHammer
05-19-2010, 11:33 PM
I just finished the aluminum version of mine that I had at spyderfest, this one is 1/3 or less weight of my wood setup and way more stable, I have to beat the **** out of it before I can sell it. I have had it up to 120mph on the speedo and it holds great, unfortunately it is going to cost a little over 500 bones to sell. Mine can be a wheelchair bracket or a huge storage setup that goes over the back seat. I have a rigid frame quickie GT and I have a t8 sci (can't feel below chest) and I have not trouble going whereever I need to by myself.

They are called STD racks, "We stick with you"
LMAO std racks, like a skid mark... they pop up every now and than:D