PDA

View Full Version : What roadside service ?

Fjrwillie
04-29-2019, 11:00 AM
I presently have GoodSams RV assistance, but in using it with one of our household vehicles it took them over 6 hours to get a tow truck to the vehicle. Not sure I want to renew with them.

With that said what are you guys using for Roadside Assistance. Heading out for a 10,000 mile journey in mid may and want to have something in place for that trip.

Willie

easysuper
04-29-2019, 11:10 AM
I have had AAA Plus for a number of years and would not be without it. I have used it a number of times for my Truck when traveling as a construction superintendent all over the US. We have used it a couple of time with our Spyders. It gives me peace of mind, some times it takes awhile to get service but it's better than NO service.

JP58
04-29-2019, 11:41 AM
I have AAA plus RV. Used many times. Longest wait was maybe 1 hour. Wouldn't be without it.

pegasus1300
04-29-2019, 12:21 PM
Current experience as of Sat 4/27/2019. I hit a pot hole just between Price and Wellington Ut. I called Allstate Auto club. After an hour they finally told me they couldn't find a tow service willing to come pick me up. Called AMA roadside service. After an hour they told me they couldn't find a tow service willing to come pick me up. Now Price /Wellington is not really that much into the boonies. It is a major coal mining center and energy production area. Good sized population major community collage etc but no tow service. I called my wife and 2 hours later I had a tow. she and my BIL came and got me. So be ready to depend on yourself if feasible. I have used AMA several times before and this is the first time they have ever let me down. They are part of the membership so I will keep them. Allstate has a good reputation but they are expensive so I will probably drop them and look into AAA or Good Sam.

jcthorne
04-30-2019, 08:32 AM
Current experience as of Sat 4/27/2019. I hit a pot hole just between Price and Wellington Ut. I called Allstate Auto club. After an hour they finally told me they couldn't find a tow service willing to come pick me up. Called AMA roadside service. After an hour they told me they couldn't find a tow service willing to come pick me up. Now Price /Wellington is not really that much into the boonies. It is a major coal mining center and energy production area. Good sized population major community collage etc but no tow service. I called my wife and 2 hours later I had a tow. she and my BIL came and got me. So be ready to depend on yourself if feasible. I have used AMA several times before and this is the first time they have ever let me down. They are part of the membership so I will keep them. Allstate has a good reputation but they are expensive so I will probably drop them and look into AAA or Good Sam.

We use the AARP motorcycle roadside assistance plan. Its actually Allstate with a hefty discount. Have used them twice and both times very pleased with the service and how they took care of the bike and communication. Once was a roll back wrecker and once was a guy in a pickup with a trailer and winch. Turns out his wrecker was being used elsewhere so he came in his personal truck and trailer but did a great job.

Chupaca
04-30-2019, 10:03 AM
Add me to the AAA Plus group. Have had them since I came to the US for good back in 84. Never had a problem and the plus gives you you that extra including up to 100 miles free. But then there are a lot of companies out there. :thumbup:

PW2013STL
04-30-2019, 10:53 AM
We have AAA+ Gold and have used them twice for the Spyder. They did a great job both times. My dealer is 100 miles from my home so the 100 mile free tow works out great!
One time when I got the DESS problem 167 miles from home we called AAA to see about adding the platinum plan that will tow you 200 miles for free. Thy told us no problem doing that for $30 more for the year, and it would be good for this tow. Thankfully we were able to get it running so a tow was not needed. We did not add the platinum plan at this time, but good to know if ever needed.

grumpyoldretiredcop
04-30-2019, 09:00 PM
AAA+ here also. I've not had to use it for the Spyder... yet (knock on wood) but did for my Electra Glide; they sent a flatbed and did a good job.

cruisinTX
05-01-2019, 10:46 AM
. . . . .

007james
05-01-2019, 02:36 PM
AAA+ here also. I've not had to use it for the Spyder... yet (knock on wood) but did for my Electra Glide; they sent a flatbed and did a good job.

AAA+ Gold for me. I have been a member for 35+ years! I lived in California for 31 years, and had 4-5 Vehicles and several motorcycles at the same time, and they picked me up many times. In Virginia, I used them once for my 2012 Spyder, once for my 2016 Spyder, once for my Harley, and twice for my SUV. Always professional service, and over the phone, they are real Pros, and trained to unstress you, and get a tow truck to you ASAP, plus they keep checking until the Tow Truck arrives. I have always had both my self and wife covered.

PapaHotel
05-01-2019, 05:09 PM
I used BRP warantee service. I did need a flatbed as I had a trailer on my RTL. It was a Sunday and the first guy canceled and it took awhile to get a replacement. Check your mileage coverage, as BRP only carried the first 100 miles, so only half of my bill was covered.

UtahPete
05-01-2019, 06:25 PM
It doesn't matter which 'service' you use/pay for. None of them have dedicated service providers. What does matter to the service providers (i.e. tow trucks) is how much and how quickly the insurance company pays them.

You should call a local service provider and ask THEM which insurance plan they prioritize. nojoke

robhowen
05-01-2019, 06:32 PM
AAA has never failed me over 30+ years, and response is usually an hour or less.
Rob

Fjrwillie
05-03-2019, 12:52 PM
I thank you all for the responses and info. Think I know what direction I am headed., probably the AARP Roadhelp which I have had in the past

Willie

Bfromla
05-03-2019, 03:34 PM
:hun:Nobody mentioned AMA?:dontknow::dontknow: was looking at Good Sam at first then, found out they would not tow my 622 at same time:dontknow::lecturef_smilie::barf:
AMA would & covers other people in my household few other perks as well :firstplace:
http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/For-Members/AMA-Roadside-Assistance?gclid=CjwKCAjwza_mBRBTEiwASDWVvumNZhCBc abj7eg90fCwaWtUTMdQv2KN0quzgXknDeVf6yym4ttINRoC23c QAvD_BwE

hypurone
05-03-2019, 04:10 PM
:hun:Nobody mentioned AMA?:dontknow::dontknow: was looking at Good Sam at first then, found out they would not tow my 622 at same time:dontknow::lecturef_smilie::barf:
AMA would & covers other people in my household few other perks as well :firstplace:
http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/For-Members/AMA-Roadside-Assistance?gclid=CjwKCAjwza_mBRBTEiwASDWVvumNZhCBc abj7eg90fCwaWtUTMdQv2KN0quzgXknDeVf6yym4ttINRoC23c QAvD_BwE

They have a 35 mile tow restriction before you are on the hook for the rest. I guess it is better than nothing at that price but for those actually traveling outside of their home area, there are better options...