PDA

View Full Version : Rear Tire

johnny canuck
04-28-2019, 08:14 AM
Hi Folks,
After many replies to my question on "front" tires I will be getting Continentals installed for the front. (Based on availability)
Now my question(s) are;
1) Best or most bought tire for the rear?
and
2) Does anybody know of a Spyder dealer that will sell "and" install a rear "car" tire. Will travel to the USA if required to get done. Prefer upstate NY area (Buffalo, etc) if possible. From what I've delt with none of the southern Ontario dealers will deviate from OEM. Heck, my dealer even gave me a hard time over using Amsoil 10w-40 bike oil.

Thank you in advance for all the info and help in this matter and the advice on the front tires.

As a note - "man I hate those OEM tires, just won't balance out."

Purple Guy
04-28-2019, 08:32 AM
Toyo Proxes 4
Great tire & available in Canada
https://www.tireland.ca/en/search-tires/tires-225-50-15--summer-tire-allsearch#

As for finding a BRP dealer to put a car tire on I wish you luck but don't keep your hopes up.
Might suggest to check shops in your area that specialize in trikes as they may be able to help you out.

Mazo EMS2
04-28-2019, 09:08 AM
I've liked the General Altimax for the rear tire. I've ordered them online and had my local shop guy mount each time. I highly doubt you'll ever find a CanAm dealer willing to order and install a car tire on a Spyder.

Easy Rider
04-28-2019, 09:22 AM
2) Does anybody know of a Spyder dealer that will sell "and" install a rear "car" tire.

USE the BRP web site and the PHONE to canvas dealers nearby.

So far I have found maybe one or two out of 10 dealers that will install whatever tires you bring them if they fit but NONE that actually sell the small car tires that are needed.

I am still calling around Central Florida.

PW2013STL
04-28-2019, 09:36 AM
Sent you a PM.

nhoj
04-28-2019, 02:42 PM
...Does anybody know of a Spyder dealer that will sell "and" install a rear "car" tire...

Toyo Proxes 4
Great tire & available in Canada

Not sure where you are (Ontario is huge) but the Toyo Proxies 4 is quite popular in Canada and readily available. As you found out you won't get much help from any BRP dealers.

Call Port Perry Automotive 905-985-1999

They can supply and install/balance a tire for you. Toyo or Yokohama and others.

The owner has an RT and has the balancer that will fit Spyder rims.

Deanna777
04-29-2019, 01:01 PM
Hi Folks,
After many replies to my question on "front" tires I will be getting Continentals installed for the front. (Based on availability)
Now my question(s) are;
1) Best or most bought tire for the rear?
and
2) Does anybody know of a Spyder dealer that will sell "and" install a rear "car" tire. Will travel to the USA if required to get done. Prefer upstate NY area (Buffalo, etc) if possible. From what I've delt with none of the southern Ontario dealers will deviate from OEM. Heck, my dealer even gave me a hard time over using Amsoil 10w-40 bike oil.

Thank you in advance for all the info and help in this matter and the advice on the front tires.

As a note - "man I hate those OEM tires, just won't balance out."HI, I am running the Continentals Contiprocontact's ( Size: 165/60R 15 ) on the front, these were installed on 6/24/2016 at a dealership in Vermont. I am running them at 19PSI.

On the rear I am running General Altimax RT43 (Size: 215/60 R15) @ 26PSI. My 2nd General Altimax RT43 tire was installed in March of this year. The spyder has 24,553 miles. I like the General because it has the " REPLACE TIRE " in the tire it. The ratings are excellent. I have a 2014RTS-SE6.
I can help you with a dealership in upstate New York. I am sure someone will chime in with the info.

Deanna