PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, this site is great

rickmiller48
04-25-2019, 08:01 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone who posted information here that helped us get our new (to us) 2015 RT Limited. I never asked questions here about it because other people had already asked everything I needed to know. Everyone's answers to everything and links that are shared here (and a test ride at the dealer while my dad was buying his Ryker) pointed us in the right direction as to what we wanted and gave me enough knowledge to know what to look for on a used bike. Just brought her home Wednesday night (it was 60-70 miles away), then last night the wife and I rode over 85 miles of mostly slow back roads on it and we both loved it. This is more 2 up riding than either of us have ever done and neither of us found it really enjoyable before, but we both loved the ride last night. Now I don't have to feel guilty about going riding and leaving her at home.

Thanks again to everyone for the help,
Rick

LeftCoast
04-25-2019, 08:13 AM
You’re welcome! It’s a great site thanks to the members here. How soon before your wife wants her own? :yes:

rickmiller48
04-25-2019, 08:27 AM
I think this one is kind of hers. She doesn't have the right license yet, but once she gets one, if she wants to ride it solo I will probably just jump on one of the 2 wheelers to ride with her. If that becomes the norm, then maybe we will have to talk about another at some point. My dad just got a Ryker and that thing is a total blast, so maybe something like that will be next. This all started because I was trying to get my wife to get her license and ride the 750 Virago we have but she (me also to a point) wasn't comfortable with that. Then when my dad started looking at Rykers, I tried to steer her toward one of those because controls wise it is super simple and forgiving. I don't think she will have any issues learning on the RTL though, it's not harder to ride than the Ryker, it's just different.

Chupaca
04-25-2019, 10:11 AM
always nice to hear back on the effectiveness of this site. It shows that what we do here works and helps others in their search for the right ryde or solution to a problem or just information. Enjoy your new ryde it will be fun for both...:bowdown::clap:

ARtraveler
04-25-2019, 10:52 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new Ryker.

Glad you like the site. :yes:

Deanna777
04-25-2019, 12:21 PM
:welcome:

& :congrats:

You are welcome! Glad you like the site, we are here to help!

Deanna

Motorcycledave
04-26-2019, 09:16 PM
Hello and WELCOME to Spyder Lovers
I started out here as a life long motorcycle rider with several hundred thousand miles
under my belt thinking I knew everything about motorcycles.... hahahahah yea right
I bought my Spyder and didn't know squat about it and damn near scared myself to death
riding it home like a motorcycle hey guess what, that don't work very well.... my wife said I
was a hazard to me and everyone around me so I took time to learn just about everything
I could about the Spyder now years later I do know plenty about them but still learning.
Ride Safe
Dave

I just wanted to thank everyone who posted information here that helped us get our new (to us) 2015 RT Limited. I never asked questions here about it because other people had already asked everything I needed to know. Everyone's answers to everything and links that are shared here (and a test ride at the dealer while my dad was buying his Ryker) pointed us in the right direction as to what we wanted and gave me enough knowledge to know what to look for on a used bike. Just brought her home Wednesday night (it was 60-70 miles away), then last night the wife and I rode over 85 miles of mostly slow back roads on it and we both loved it. This is more 2 up riding than either of us have ever done and neither of us found it really enjoyable before, but we both loved the ride last night. Now I don't have to feel guilty about going riding and leaving her at home.

Thanks again to everyone for the help,
Rick

Mikey4201
04-27-2019, 01:46 PM
it is awesome. so much great help and information

d.o.spyder-rts
04-27-2019, 06:01 PM
:congrats: on your Ryker and :welcome: to the spyder web. Dale