PDA

View Full Version : M8 bolts?

irish2themax
06-25-2009, 02:14 PM
I know...I'm dumber than a box o' rocks. I am removing most of the flat black parts on my Spyder to have them painted gloss black. My last effort are the front fenders. Supposedly I need to remove the four M8 bolts that secure the fender to the suspension. What in the heck is an M8 bolt? I've looked for tools online..I can find lots of into on bolts and nuts but NOTHING on a tool to remove them. HELLLLLLLLLLLLP

tweeder
06-25-2009, 02:18 PM
I know...I'm dumber than a box o' rocks. I am removing most of the flat black parts on my Spyder to have them painted gloss black. My last effort are the front fenders. Supposedly I need to remove the four M8 bolts that secure the fender to the suspension. What in the heck is an M8 bolt? I've looked for tools online..I can find lots of into on bolts and nuts but NOTHING on a tool to remove them. HELLLLLLLLLLLLP

I think its just a metric size 8 = M8

Spanky
06-25-2009, 02:29 PM
I think its just a metric size 8 = M8

The diameter of the threaded portion is 8mm.

So the hex head portion may be 13mm per the internet.

Neez
06-25-2009, 02:38 PM
I know...I'm dumber than a box o' rocks. I am removing most of the flat black parts on my Spyder to have them painted gloss black. My last effort are the front fenders. Supposedly I need to remove the four M8 bolts that secure the fender to the suspension. What in the heck is an M8 bolt? I've looked for tools online..I can find lots of into on bolts and nuts but NOTHING on a tool to remove them. HELLLLLLLLLLLLPIrish, an M8 bolt measures 8mm in diameter on the threaded part. The bolt head size across the flats is 13mm. Use a 13mm socket.

irish2themax
06-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks all!!!!