PDA

View Full Version : Sena Wifi Docking Station

J48cruiser
04-23-2019, 09:45 PM
Just received my sena wifi docking station and try to set it up. All did not go well when I got to wifi portion of set up it would not recognize my home neck work this is a I phone problem. Sena said they are working on a fix, but wright now you need a android phone to complet the set up. Will update when they have a fix.

UtahPete
04-23-2019, 11:16 PM
Just received my sena wifi docking station and try to set it up. All did not go well when I got to wifi portion of set up it would not recognize my home neck work this is a I phone problem. Sena said they are working on a fix, but wright now you need a android phone to complet the set up. Will update when they have a fix.

I don't understand what you are talking about. What is the model name of this 'docking station'?

J48cruiser
04-23-2019, 11:22 PM
the wifi docking station is on the sena web sight , it recharges your sena 30k and 20 evo plus will do the firmware update

UtahPete
04-23-2019, 11:33 PM
the wifi docking station is on the sena web sight , it recharges your sena 30k and 20 evo plus will do the firmware update

I didn't know about it. http://www.buysena.com/WiFi-Docking-Station.html

Now I'm trying to understand how your home wifi network is related to your smartphone

J48cruiser
04-24-2019, 12:17 AM
you need your home wifi for the docking station to get on the internet so it can due the updates

Flamewinger
04-24-2019, 12:31 AM
If you don't have a computer or laptop then you need this docking station. Some headsets update vie the bluetooth connection to the phone like my Uclear. But still have to update the Sena with a cable and laptop.

Wmoater
04-24-2019, 06:33 AM
I wouldn’t worry about it. Updates are only once or twice a year at tops. I have never updated mine in 3 years. Simply update it on the computer and use the docking for charging. I use my sena evo 20’s every day and play music everyday through them so the mic is open on the way to work. I maybe recharge mine once a month at tops. Why do you need it charged so often? If you’re on a trip away from home, take the cords and plug it into the wall or take your charger unit but you shouldn’t be needing it that often. If power is your concern get a portable battery jumpstart pod and plug your pods into it with the USB cable supplied. It will charge then in 2 hours if completely dead.

UtahPete
04-24-2019, 08:41 AM
If you don't have a computer or laptop then you need this docking station. Some headsets update vie the bluetooth connection to the phone like my Uclear. But still have to update the Sena with a cable and laptop.

That I understand.

UtahPete
04-24-2019, 08:42 AM
you need your home wifi for the docking station to get on the internet so it can due the updates

Yes, I understand that. What has that got to do with your phone?

Is it that you are using your phone as a hotspot to connect your other devices to the internet?

I think of a home wifi as one that uses a modem/router for a hard wire connection to the internet. Very different from using a cellular hotspot.

jcthorne
04-24-2019, 08:48 AM
Yes, I understand that. What has that got to do with your phone?

The dock uses an app on your phone to do the wifi setup.

UtahPete
04-24-2019, 08:51 AM
The dock uses an app on your phone to do the wifi setup.

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.