PDA

View Full Version : spyder problem with hard braking

quantumleap39
06-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Last week my spyder went into the shop for an issue. when you step on the brake hard, the abs, anti skid lights come on, engine light blinks and it scrolls, limp home, abs fault, check dps. It has now been a week in the shop, service is working diligently with BRP trying to figure it out. These ONLY come on when you press the brake hard down and hold it for a few seconds. such as topping at a higher rate of speed in a short distance. Anybody else have this happen?? fluid levels are fine, all updates are done. :chat:

:spyder:

sabunim5
06-26-2009, 10:22 AM
I believe Daddydarko was having the same problem recently. Should be a fairly recent thread about it.

ataDude
06-26-2009, 12:43 PM
I believe Daddydarko was having the same problem recently. Should be a fairly recent thread about it.

DD seemed to think his was related to pulling his light-tongue-weight trailer.

mike3069
06-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Check your parking brake adjustment. If it is not holding with only a couple of clicks then your brake pedal travel COULD be excessive and this has been known to create these type of issues.

When you adjust the parking brake, it reduces the brake pedal throw.

So, if you have lots of brake pedal travel, it is time to check your parking brake adjustment.

You don't need to find this out the way I did!!!!!!:mad: