PDA

View Full Version : Horn

Phyllis
04-20-2019, 05:39 PM
I am thinking of replacing my stock horn for something that people can actually hear. Any suggestions. I have a 2014 RT Limited

CopperSpyder
04-20-2019, 05:49 PM
Wolo bad boy https://spyderpops.com/2014-16-early-17-rt-wolo-bad-boy-horn-kit-the-loud-one/

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-20-2019, 06:04 PM
I am thinking of replacing my stock horn for something that people can actually hear. Any suggestions. I have a 2014 RT Limited

Hi Phyl …. remember even Fire Trucks get hit and there is nothing on the road that has more lights , air horns and sirens than them …… My first line of defense has always attention and then avoidance …… It certainly won't hurt, as long as you DON"T relie on to save your B*** :gaah::roflblack: ……….See you soon ….. Mike :ohyea:

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-20-2019, 08:13 PM
Whatever loud horn you get don't expect a dramatic increase in perceived loudness. A few years ago I had my 2013 RT with stock horn beside my ATV with a Stebel Nautilus horn. From across the street there was very little difference in loudness between the two horns. Nevertheless, I had two trumpet air horns on my 2013 RT and installed a like set on my 2014 RTS. You can see them the ones I had on my 2013 in the pic below. All three horns, the two trumpets and the stock, work together. They are not a whole lot louder than the stock horn by itself.

RICZ
04-20-2019, 09:02 PM
My F3L has a single car type trumpet horn that's pretty loud. I plan to add a second trumpet for that more piercing dual tone. Had that on my previous bike and it was an attention getter. Drivers would look for a car, thinking they heard one. Tee Hee.

Chupaca
04-20-2019, 10:01 PM
I got the Rolo Bad Boy and was never impressed. Different sound but not much volume. I later put the stock one back on and added the loudest single trumpet horn at the auto parts and together they do a good job...:thumbup:

171202 they come in high and low I added the low as the stock one is high.

oldguyinTX
04-21-2019, 07:43 AM
Got mine on Amazon considerably cheaper & got it in 2 days.

https://smile.amazon.com/Wolo-619-Big-Bad-Horn/dp/B008J151H4/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3JJQPKRAOAGDN&keywords=wolo+bad+boy+air+horn&qid=1555850527&s=gateway&sprefix=wolo%2Caps%2C133&sr=8-3

Lew L
04-21-2019, 09:11 AM
Good Morning Phillis,
And Happy Easter-----

Which ever horn you get use a relay to switch it. I've had both a wolo and a Striebel. At the same time on two motorcycles ( both with relays and good batteries ) The Striebel is louder nojoke. Verified by my wife. Really.

Lew L

SpyderHubby
04-21-2019, 09:31 AM
I have the Fiamm Freeway Blaster (high and low tone) horn on my bike. The two horns work together to sound very similar to the horn of an 18 wheeler. 132 db of attention-getting sound. You can purchase the horns from Aerostitch for $18.00 each. A relay is available for a couple of bucks. Highly recommended.

Rickster48
04-21-2019, 10:55 AM
These Fiamm am80S horns were on my Yamaha FJR. They do get attention when needed. Bracket and relay are included.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Fiamm+Electromagnetic+Horn+am80s&ref=nb_sb_noss

Have a set for my RT which will get installed this week along with a BajaRon sway bar.

Phyllis
04-27-2019, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Read a few reviews. Difficult to make a decision due to ratings. This summer I am going to ask everyone if I can hear their horn. So, if you see me, blow your horn.

RICZ
04-27-2019, 04:01 PM
I have a pair of 115 db PIAA horns I'll install with a sway bar. I had 110 db car horns on my previous bike, a Victory Cross Roads and those were loud.

Zoot
04-27-2019, 04:01 PM
Plus one for the Stebel Nautilus.

One farkel that really did get me more space was a set of Hyperlites (flashing brake light setup). I bent a piece of sheet metal for a bracket to mount them adjacent to my license plate. When I stop, most people leave a full car length - or more - behind me. If I release the brake, no more Hyperlites, and the cars edge up to by rear wheel. Not very scientific but it's pretty consistent.

RICZ
04-27-2019, 04:10 PM
I had Hyper-Lites on my last bike - they were wired as running and brake lights that flashed 5 times when the brakes were applied and then on steady.
I installed this little gem in the 3rd brake light in the top case of my F3L. I used Posi-Locks, not those red connectors....
https://www.banggood.com/20W-LED-Brake-Stop-Strobe-Light-Flash-Flasher-Module-Controller-Box-Car-Truck-Motorcycle-p-1262384.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN
Its very tiny, so it fits in the space very nicely. Apply the brakes and it flashes 3X fast, 3X slow, then on steady.