PDA

View Full Version : Blacked out Head Lamp Covers

SpyderMonkei
06-24-2009, 05:09 PM
I have seen some pics in here before ... can anyone tell me who sells the black covers for the head lamps?

Thanks!

fastfraser
06-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Can't think of the company name ,but if you type in F1 windshields it will take you to their site. Look real cool and i thought about getting them .

burg650
06-25-2009, 12:32 AM
F1 windscreen does make covers for the headlights in many colors but I would not get them. I have two sets now that does not fit right, they need to spend time and mold them to fit so now what do I do with these two sets that will not work.

sabunim5
06-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Do you folks only drive in the day :dontknow: I don't get it. Why would you want to black out your headlights. I might understand some sort of protective cover, but not one that lowers your light output. Enlighten me. Pun intended.

NancysToy
06-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Do you folks only drive in the day :dontknow: I don't get it. Why would you want to black out your headlights. I might understand some sort of protective cover, but not one that lowers your light output. Enlighten me. Pun intended.
:agree:
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

patches
06-25-2009, 01:02 PM
How much are you willing to sell the ones you have that do not fit. I need need some to do some mods with and would rather start with something close rather spending the time molding my own through a shop. I plan to make these usable at night as well although I rarely drive at night and can just pop them out if needed.

nater1
06-26-2009, 03:48 PM
I would not recommend this mod ever for road use on a motorcycle. I believe most States require a DOT headlight on at all time.

Do you realize you could be aiding in someone pulling out in front of you which is a fear in most motorcyclist heads already.

Do you understand if you get in a accident that is not your fault one bit the defence attorney will raise holy hell with this fact, and make you come out to be the one at fault. I am not bull****ting you.

Roaddog2
06-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Do you folks only drive in the day :dontknow: I don't get it. Why would you want to black out your headlights. I might understand some sort of protective cover, but not one that lowers your light output. Enlighten me. Pun intended.:agree:BIGTIME Around 1973 when full time headlight law on motorcycles beacame the law all of us stupid riders used to re do ignition switch so light would not be on in day.I did this till around 1987.Then one day I said why do I do this and go for the highist output I can get you will be amazed of the :cus:es that don't see you:gaah:ride safe :thumbup:

jimclarkf1
06-26-2009, 09:30 PM
what about covers for the fog lights, to protect them in the day light hours,:helpsmilie:or should they be on all the time too?:doorag:

sabunim5
06-29-2009, 05:10 PM
what about covers for the fog lights, to protect them in the day light hours,:helpsmilie:or should they be on all the time too?:doorag:
I leave mine on all the time.

jeuchler
06-29-2009, 06:55 PM
I have seen some pics in here before ... can anyone tell me who sells the black covers for the head lamps?

Thanks!

OK, Monkei, I waited until everyone else warned you.

You asked for info, so here's what I have (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=108054&postcount=7).

SpyderMonkei
06-29-2009, 09:42 PM
sometimes it's almost like being in school again on here ... with a ton of teachers ...

burg650
06-29-2009, 11:12 PM
How much are you willing to sell the ones you have that do not fit. I need need some to do some mods with and would rather start with something close rather spending the time molding my own through a shop. I plan to make these usable at night as well although I rarely drive at night and can just pop them out if needed.

I am going to use a hot air gun and see if I can get them to fit, at least try on one set. Just need to re-shape a bit.

northramp
06-30-2009, 07:50 PM
I leave my High Beams on all the time as well as my fogs.
NMN all around the Bike .
You can never have TOO much light.

BTW back in the day we used to use a product called "Pulselight" that increased in frequency of flashing its own brake light off and on the more the vehicle decellerated. Pretty ahead of its time for the mid 70's.

They still don t see you.