PDA

View Full Version : Went to my dealer yesterday and.......

Mr. White
04-19-2019, 08:46 AM
He said PRP has reduced the retail price on many Spyder models up to $3,000. I did not ask which models, etc but he indicated it was due to the Ryker models. He did not seem to be too happy about this. He said it reduced the prices/trade in value of my scoot along with other models and the prices on his used scoots. I did not get into any details as my 2017 is my last Spyder. I am going on 87 and don't plan on riding more than another 10 years.......

:spyder2:

pegasus1300
04-19-2019, 09:16 AM
Go for it George, I hope you enjoy those next 10 years and keep us posted on your experiences.

dpetrick
04-19-2019, 09:21 AM
Keep riding and posting about your rides. Enjoy your Spyder to the max!

Easy Rider
04-19-2019, 10:17 AM
Not really a surprise. Pretty normal under the circumstances.

Chupaca
04-19-2019, 10:36 AM
Must be that time of year..... but you have no worries so ryde on all the years you can...:clap: won't be far behind...:roflblack:

ARtraveler
04-19-2019, 11:43 AM
You have the right idea George. I am slowly falling into line also. :yes:

RICZ
04-19-2019, 12:11 PM
87!!! You have 5 years up on me and you are my role model, that is, until someone older comes along on this forum. Stay on top of the lawn and in the wind George.

Saluda
04-19-2019, 12:37 PM
Bet you have at least another 20 !!

JayBros
04-19-2019, 02:07 PM
Thank you for the update. Now I know I can go another nine years before I have to get serious about how much longer I'm going to ride.

wiggy1
04-19-2019, 02:12 PM
Riding keeps you young. Congrats on the new ride and hope you get another 10+ years on that Spyder.

bigbadbrucie
04-19-2019, 07:00 PM
George, you have just made my day, and I thank you for that. I’m 76 and was thinking that I only have about 10 years of riding left. I may have to start thinking of a new ride if I have 20 more years.....damn...do I have enough of the green stuff?

starrider60
04-19-2019, 08:19 PM
I'm only 75 years young so I have some tall riding ahead of me to catch up :doorag:

Mr. White
04-19-2019, 08:27 PM
[FONT=Arial Black][/FONTThanks for the kind words gentlemen/ladies. I am in pretty good shape for my age and with three wheels, I will ride as long as I feel safe for myself and with my group, The Hill Country Road Riders. I think the youngest is 56 and we ride every Saturday year around. Hey, we (I) skip some rain/cold Saturdays but very few. Some of us have been riding together 25 years or so. We used to charge $5 annual dues but now there is no charge as many members complained it was too expensive, siting fixed income, SS, etc.

I started riding in 1948 on a Salsbury scooter. (I think that was the name) It had no speedometer or other gauges, no front brake and a metal "shoe" that rubbed the rear tire for very slow braking. Top speed around 30 or so. It had a small kick start engine and maybe 5 hp. I lived in the country and was 3 miles from high school. My sweet Father paid $149 for this stead.....I had a ball. I could not find a helmet so I "borrowed" a football helmet from the HS.

During my Air Force years, I rented scoots in several countries while serving there. I rode with a German motorcycle club....two times. They rode BMWs mostly and I rented one and joined in a ride.....we rode a lot of beautiful back roads and the Autobahn. Everything was great until we got on the autobahn. These guy rode 100+ mph a lot of the time. Having successfully completed the third grade, I knew this was not for me. I quit them. I bought a used Cushman in Japan and really enjoyed visiting the small towns. I had that scooter several enjoyable years.

Ride until you don't feel save for yourself or others.

:spyder2: