PDA

View Full Version : Clutch covers

patches
06-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Anyone seen these?

http://www.ryderclips.com/index.html

SSG Bean
06-24-2009, 12:41 PM
I have one on my Spyder to keep from getting a black spot on my tan boots. It seems to work pretty well.

fastfraser
06-24-2009, 03:34 PM
:2thumbs: What a great idea.

NancysToy
06-24-2009, 04:15 PM
I guess times have changed......used to be a worn toe on the boot was a sign of someone who did some riding.....almost a mark of distinction.......:doorag:
...but if the boots were ever tan, the oil from our Triumphs, Indians, and Harleys quickly turned them black anyway. :roflblack:
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

Director
06-24-2009, 05:14 PM
LOL! I used to wear those tan Timberlands for a lot of years.....They got the 'shifter' mark really quickly(and all the other oil stains......)

Man,this brings back memories. I don't know if you had them in the U.S., but in Canada the Greb "Kodiak" boot was the footwear of choice for most of us in the late '60s and early 70s. They were tan as well, although I was riding Brit bikes (Triumphs) so like Scotty said, they didn't stay that way long. And the shifter mark was on the right boot then, not the left! I'm guessing Scotty still has a number of bikes in his collection that have the shifter on the "British" side. :2thumbs:

Bruce

Roaddog2
06-24-2009, 05:15 PM
I guess times have changed......used to be a worn toe on the boot was a sign of someone who did some riding.....almost a mark of distinction.......:doorag::agree::agree::ani29:

NancysToy
06-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Man,this brings back memories. I don't know if you had them in the U.S., but in Canada the Greb "Kodiak" boot was the footwear of choice for most of us in the late '60s and early 70s. They were tan as well, although I was riding Brit bikes (Triumphs) so like Scotty said, they didn't stay that way long. And the shifter mark was on the right boot then, not the left! I'm guessing Scotty still has a number of bikes in his collection that have the shifter on the "British" side. :2thumbs:

Bruce
:roflblack: For me, it was Redwing Irish Setter work boots, the only ones available around here in an A width. My Bates custom roadracing boots had leather reinforcements for the shifter area, but I wore those only at the track. The tan Redwings turned colors quickly with my collection of leakers, and developed shifter marks quickly. I have always had both right and left shift bikes in the stable since 1967, so both sides had marks, just to confuse the enemy. :dontknow: :D

jodeg1945
06-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Will the "shift sock" fit on the Spyder shifter?

SSG Bean
06-24-2009, 06:52 PM
I have to walk a thin line. A little bit of a mark is a good conversation starter as people ask you what you ride. However, as a Staff Sergeant in the Army, I have to keep my uniform perfect. When we had the black boots it wasn't that big of a deal, a little kiwi boot polish would fix anything. These tan "desert" boots are a little harder to get dark stains off of. Don't worry, I'm not ashamed of having a spot, especially when it indicates I ryde a Spyder. I do however want to avoid lectures from other senior Noncommissioned Officers. That's all.:dontknow:

Director
06-24-2009, 07:02 PM
I have to walk a thin line. A little bit of a mark is a good conversation starter as people ask you what you ride. However, as a Staff Sergeant in the Army, I have to keep my uniform perfect. When we had the black boots it wasn't that big of a deal, a little kiwi boot polish would fix anything. These tan "desert" boots are a little harder to get dark stains off of. Don't worry, I'm not ashamed of having a spot, especially when it indicates I ryde a Spyder. I do however want to avoid lectures from other senior Noncommissioned Officers. That's all.:dontknow:

I hear you! Trying to keep your uniform in top shape while riding on an open-air vehicle is challenging at the best of times. Not an issue for me any more, but once upon a time it was. :2thumbs:
Thanks for your service, Staff Sergeant.

Cheers,

Bruce

NancysToy
06-24-2009, 07:31 PM
That's about the best excuse I ever heard. You are forgiven! :D When I first saw the desert tan boots, I wondered how they would be to keep clean enough for an inspection. Hope the shifter sock does the job.