PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle camping

Geep
04-18-2019, 10:52 AM
I saw this today and thought it might interest some people
https://manofmany.com/rides/motorcycles/love-both-motorcycles-and-camping-with-the-goose-motorcycle-tent

Concept is sweet but looks heavy, “canvas”? IMO a Lawson Ridge Line camping hammock would give you both bivy and hammock options will on the road with less weight and cheaper

Bob Denman
04-18-2019, 11:45 AM
Here's another possible option:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhGe-bj6Z4o

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-18-2019, 06:17 PM
Here's another possible option:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhGe-bj6Z4o

The basic model costs $2700 …. and weighs 200 lbs. …. I went to the web site and there is No mention of a roof or top cover for if/when it rains..….. Mike :ohyea:

UtahPete
04-18-2019, 07:19 PM
I saw this today and thought it might interest some people
https://manofmany.com/rides/motorcycles/love-both-motorcycles-and-camping-with-the-goose-motorcycle-tent

Concept is sweet but looks heavy, “canvas”? IMO a Lawson Ridge Line camping hammock would give you both bivy and hammock options will on the road with less weight and cheaper

There are better options....

SpyderAnn01
04-18-2019, 11:02 PM
Still even better options www.choicehotels.com or www.bestwestern.com

Gwolf
04-18-2019, 11:21 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4TLZHeLWEt5JJiMNbejSrb-eSlUfgnxhzu-9jmTsoZ3UVs5s

easysuper
04-18-2019, 11:35 PM
The concept is good but not the weight or the price, also I hate when I can look at a photo and see that it was just staged for the photo shoot. I my younger and single years I camped many nights with a tarp and bed roll that I carried on my bike, you NEVER tie off on the LOW side so the bike can fall over on you. If your going to stage something at least make it look real.

Bob Denman
04-19-2019, 06:32 AM
The BEST option for motorcycle camping: :2thumbs:

easysuper
04-20-2019, 01:33 PM
This is our motorcycle camping set up.
171166 171167 171168

Bob Denman
04-20-2019, 01:49 PM
What brand camper is that?

easysuper
04-21-2019, 09:39 AM
What brand camper is that?

It's an Aspen Sentry. We've had it about for 6 years, our first RT was a 2013 and we rode two up and pulled the trailer all over the PNW with no problems. Now my bride pulls a dog trailer or a cargo trailer and I pull the Aspen and we have changed to the bigger engine for the mileage and maintenance .

Lew L
04-21-2019, 10:12 AM

My wonderful wife and I gave up tent / small trailor camping years ago. When we go on trips neither of us want to cook, clean, set up / take down a tent or trailor, wash dishes/ pots and pans, ECT. We use Best Western often.

Lew L

Bob Denman
04-22-2019, 09:44 AM
It's an Aspen Sentry. We've had it about for 6 years, our first RT was a 2013 and we rode two up and pulled the trailer all over the PNW with no problems. Now my bride pulls a dog trailer or a cargo trailer and I pull the Aspen and we have changed to the bigger engine for the mileage and maintenance .

When I was entertaining the idea of camping with my Spyder: that's the one that I kept gravitating toward...
But I didn't realize that they folded out to THAT size! :bowdown: :2thumbs:

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-23-2019, 06:57 PM
How long does it take you to put it up and take it down? I ask because my homemade tent on a trailer takes 1/2 to 1 hour to pack everything up and hitched and ready to roll after I came back from breakfast! I'm either slow, or built a very inefficient unit, or I just expect too much.

easysuper
04-23-2019, 09:00 PM
How long does it take you to put it up and take it down? I ask because my homemade tent on a trailer takes 1/2 to 1 hour to pack everything up and hitched and ready to roll after I came back from breakfast! I'm either slow, or built a very inefficient unit, or I just expect too much.

It takes me about 10 minuets to set it up after we park it where we want it. It all depends how much stuff we have pulled out of the storage underneath and if we are cooking breakfast. I can get all our gear packed and loaded in about 1/2 hour. I even pack a small porti poti for my bride so she does not have to wander around the campground at night. The trailer also has an additional add-a-room that doubles the footprint, and we have used it only if we are staying in one place for several days, that takes another 1/2 hour to set up or take down and store away. The whole set up works very well for us and after a couple weeks on the road we get really efficient on setting it up and breaking it down. We leave on or Coast to Coast ride in four weeks and after 2 1/2 months on the road we will get even better.

Bob Denman
04-24-2019, 06:45 AM
It takes me twenty minutes to set up the RV in a park:
pull in to the site
Level up the rig
put our both slides
hook up the City Water Supply
hook up to Shore Power
Hook up the "Stinky Slinky", and get it set in it's leveling cradle
hook up the cable TV Feed

and pour some drinks! :clap:

Gwolf
04-24-2019, 08:00 AM
pull in to the site
Level up the rig
put our both slides
hook up to Shore Power

I suggest you buy your grandsons a new tent to put up on the next camp site over and have them do all the menial labour in exchange for going on the trip.

Bob Denman
04-24-2019, 08:15 AM
I'm too young and handsome to be sleeping with anyone's Grandmother just yet... :roflblack:

But I am working on the "Hey kid: pull mu finger!" routine...

PrairieSpyder
04-24-2019, 08:24 AM
pull in to the site
Level up the rig
put our both slides
hook up to Shore Power

Show-off! ;)

Bob Denman
04-24-2019, 09:54 AM
Show-off! ;)

:D If I'm going to be "recreating & relaxing": I want it to start as soon as possible!

Patti,
Have lots of fun at SpyderFest! :yes: