PDA

View Full Version : ONE SICK SPYDER

sxonwls
06-23-2009, 10:24 PM
A big THANK YOU to Ken at http://www.evoluzione.net/ and my brother-in-law, Wayne for hookin' me up with one bad ass spyder. Ken provided me with a high compression piston upgrade, O2 modifier, fuel pressure regulator and high flow air intake. Wayne provided the brains and skills to get it all assembled. All I can say is that this is how the spyder should have performed from the factory. The torque and acceleration thru the entire power band is unreal. This is now the funnest toy I have owned!!! Thanks guys.

DANIEL :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thu mbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Firefly
06-23-2009, 10:36 PM
A big THANK YOU to Ken at http://www.evoluzione.net/ and my brother-in-law, Wayne for hookin' me up with one bad ass spyder. Ken provided me with a high compression piston upgrade, O2 modifier, fuel pressure regulator and high flow air intake. Wayne provided the brains and skills to get it all assembled. All I can say is that this is how the spyder should have performed from the factory. The torque and acceleration thru the entire power band is unreal. This is now the funnest toy I have owned!!! Thanks guys.

DANIEL :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thu mbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Cool - I have not read a post from anyone that did the pistons--- I assume new cams too? I would be hard pressed to find someone that could do it - and am not sure I feel up to the task--- been awhile since I tore an engine down that far. I already have all the other mods you listed - except for the pistons and cams.

I'll bet she really screams now!

sxonwls
06-23-2009, 11:55 PM
This setup doesn't require a change of the cams. And yes, I am very lucky to have a brother-in-law who is one of those crazy engineers that actually understands these things.

Tom in NM
06-24-2009, 01:01 AM
Sounds ( and probably SOUNDS ) interesting.

I really didn't think that the Spyder needed any more torque. I guess you don't need brakes now - you should be able to down-shift to a rubber burning stand-still.

Tom

Firefly
06-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Sounds ( and probably SOUNDS ) interesting.

I really didn't think that the Spyder needed any more torque. I guess you don't need brakes now - you should be able to down-shift to a rubber burning stand-still.

Tom

You can actually lock up the back tire by downshifting too far-- like from 5th to 2nd------- not recommended!

I want some more uuuump in my spyder---- either Turbo or this piston kit-----

Firefly
06-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Good questions---- I would also like to know if you had to switch to higher octane with the high compression pistons - or does the computer just take care of things?

If all you needed to do pertaining to fuel was the fuel pressure mod - do you know what pressure you're running at?

sxonwls
06-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Not sure how to precisely answer your questions, I would suggest you call Ken directly. I am currently running 92 octane at 60 lbs of fuel pressure. Will eventally start running a lower octane and playing with fuel pressure once things are seated completely-I've only been able to put on 200 mls since the upgrade. Spyder actually seems to run cooler, maybe because you don't have to be on the throttle so hard to get the performance. In second gear at 4500 rpm is the sweet spot, it will break the tire loose and then hook up like crazy. It will actually fully extend the front suspention when you lay into the throttle. Compression is now 12:8 to 1, Doesn't have any of the symptoms that you mentioned, runs extremely smooth and plugs look a little rich. Would like to check the piston wash, but iI don't think the spydee is going to allow that without pulling the heads, and thats not going to happen until the snow flies in MN.

By far, and I mean BY FAR the best money I have spent on the spyder!!

smokster
06-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Not sure how to precisely answer your questions, I would suggest you call Ken directly. I am currently running 92 octane at 60 lbs of fuel pressure. Will eventally start running a lower octane and playing with fuel pressure once things are seated completely-I've only been able to put on 200 mls since the upgrade. Spyder actually seems to run cooler, maybe because you don't have to be on the throttle so hard to get the performance. In second gear at 4500 rpm is the sweet spot, it will break the tire loose and then hook up like crazy. It will actually fully extend the front suspention when you lay into the throttle. Compression is now 12:8 to 1, Doesn't have any of the symptoms that you mentioned, runs extremely smooth and plugs look a little rich. Would like to check the piston wash, but iI don't think the spydee is going to allow that without pulling the heads, and thats not going to happen until the snow flies in MN.

By far, and I mean BY FAR the best money I have spent on the spyder!!
And how much was that again?

sxonwls
06-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Depends on what you all order. Contact Ken at http://www.evoluzione.net/ (http://www.evoluzione.net/). He is a great guy to talk to about performance upgrades for the spyder.