PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Spyderfest?

AY4B
04-15-2019, 12:38 PM
I will be there but this year all the activities will be at the Rock. Looks like Lamonster Garage will have more going on in Springfield area than anywhere. All our rydes will be going south into the Hills. It will be hard to tack on another 70 miles a day to go north to the rock from the hotel. :dontknow:

Mazo EMS2
04-15-2019, 02:40 PM
A few years ago when I joined this site, Spyderfest posts were the rule of the monitor for a month or two before the big event. Nowadays, you're lucky to see a Spyderfest post every couple weeks. The event has changed a lot since my first one. We weren't fans of the drive up to Bolivar last time....it is what it is....lots will still go, we're going other directions this year.

Revalden
04-15-2019, 08:55 PM
We're going to SpyderJam in Cuba, Mo. then down to Branson, Mo. for a special package deal from Cindy's employer for Season Passes.

SpyderAnn01
04-16-2019, 01:42 PM
We will be there and they have a lot of fun planned. You know there are several hotels in Bolivar if you don’t want to ride from Springfield. If you don’t know the history you don’t know why you see less on this site about the event, its all been discussed in detail before. Spyderfest is held at Pitbull and The Rock no other locations are part of the event.

BlueF3Ltd
04-16-2019, 04:15 PM
I will be there. Staying at a motel near The Rock. Already have my appointment with Sue Hopper to paint a scene on the Frunk.171079

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-16-2019, 06:20 PM
I have a ton of things to get done, but this will be my seventh :clap: …. and I have many friends who I only see at Spyderfest …… so I don't want to miss it ….. this year, they are bringing back Drag Racing at a local track - Robbinsville (?) …… Hope to see you ….. Mike :ohyea:

AY4B
04-16-2019, 09:08 PM
I will not be making it this year. My Wife broke her ankle and will have surgery tomorrow morning. Prayers appreciated. Her name is Dawn, she was the one who purchased Jim Coopers F3L and this was supposed to be her first event on it.

Big Arm
04-16-2019, 09:51 PM
This will be my 10th Spyderfest.......and I'll have to agree with Mike, there are a lot of people there that I consider friends, that I only get to see there. I've always had a great time visiting with them, and riding on those great hills around the Springfield area. Hope to see you all again............at the drag-strip......:yes: :yes: :yes:

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-16-2019, 10:14 PM
I will not be making it this year. My Wife broke her ankle and will have surgery tomorrow morning. Prayers appreciated. Her name is Dawn, she was the one who purchased Jim Coopers F3L and this was supposed to be her first event on it.

Sorry to hear this ….sending many :pray::pray::pray: …………….. Mike :ohyea:

Cavman
04-16-2019, 11:55 PM
I’m headed to Spyder Jam too. Already got my pre-registration months ago.

SpyderAnn01
04-16-2019, 11:59 PM

I’m sorry to hear that.

Machinegunner
04-17-2019, 09:33 AM
We're not going this year. Been to almost all so far, but don't care for how the event has changed in the last couple years. Will sorely miss our many friends that we only see there.

AY4B
04-17-2019, 12:11 PM
We're not going this year. Been to almost all so far, but don't care for how the event has changed in the last couple years. Will sorely miss our many friends that we only see there. Unless they get back to making it more of a Spyder rally I will not return either. Centering it at the Rock seems to me more a vender centered event to sell parts and Spyders. I came more for the ryding and fellowship with other Spyder owners, not to buy parts.

AY4B
04-17-2019, 12:24 PM
I wish someone would start a rally in Branson. A beautiful area right in the center of the best ryding around. Spyders in the Ozarks is the closest thing to an ideal rally.

ARtraveler
04-17-2019, 12:29 PM
I wish someone would start a rally in Branson. A beautiful area right in the center of the best ryding around. Spyders in the Ozarks is the closest thing to an ideal rally.

There is a Spyders in the Ozarks Rally. I am going to check into it shortly.

AY4B
04-17-2019, 12:48 PM
There is a Spyders in the Ozarks Rally. I am going to check into it shortly.Lamonster hosts that rally. I went a couple of years ago and had a lot of fun. It’s smaller than Spyderfest but a lot closer to the Ozarks and less chance of rain that time of year.

ARtraveler
04-17-2019, 03:02 PM
Lamonster hosts that rally. I went a couple of years ago and had a lot of fun. It’s smaller than Spyderfest but a lot closer to the Ozarks and less chance of rain that time of year.

We will be about an hour away. Will go to that one for sure. Bonus...the fall colors should be kicking in.

al0vely
04-17-2019, 06:21 PM

Ouch - hope her surgery goes well and she isnt away from riding for too long. I was going to say all season but I think you live in TX and you guys are always in season ... correct?

Dragonfly
04-17-2019, 08:25 PM
Been 5 years since my last trip, only this year I'm taking it in the trailer and ride up from Saint Paul on Friday.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-17-2019, 10:28 PM
We're not going this year. Been to almost all so far, but don't care for how the event has changed in the last couple years. Will sorely miss our many friends that we only see there.

Well this news bums me out …… now I'm NOT ( forget to add NOT )…. going because you aren't :gaah:...……… Mike :ohyea: