PDA

View Full Version : OEM Headlight Life

missouriboy
04-15-2019, 05:54 AM
My NEW Spyder has burned out three headlights in under 3-1/2 years. Sheesh! My car is almost 16 years old and has only ever burned out one headlight, which cost under $10 to replace.

What's a better replacement than OEM for some normal headlight life expectancy? I need replacements before state inspection in July. TIA. :clap:

JKMSPYDER
04-15-2019, 07:30 AM
Go with LED headlights from Lamonster Garage and your headlight worries are over.

Saluda
04-15-2019, 08:00 AM
Have never had a headlight issue, that does sound excessive.

KX5062
04-15-2019, 08:24 AM
One headlight bulb over the course of owning two different Spyders since 2012.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-15-2019, 09:39 AM
Go with LED headlights from Lamonster Garage and your headlight worries are over.

:agree::agree:....since they don't " filaments " … they don't break like Halogen ones do ….. if you won't change to LED's … there are Heavy duty Motorcycle halogen's that will last longer …...But why bother, they will never equal the light that an LED throws …..jmho …. Mike :ohyea:

Chupaca
04-15-2019, 10:04 AM
I have burned through 3 in the about 8 years but always change both at the same time as the other will go out shortly after the first one. Unfortunately they do not make the LED type for my model but would be the way to go and they do give you a better light and life....:thumbup:

JayBros
04-15-2019, 11:26 AM
DO NOT buy replacement headlight bulbs from a dealership. They come in a box that is not sealed and a stupid parts guy can walk out with the bulb in his greasy paw and ask, "Is this the one you want?" You can get them from any auto parts store in a sealed package and the bulb will not have been touched by human hands which can reduce its life significantly.

Deanna777
04-15-2019, 11:42 AM
I have had 1 headlight burn out ( Right side).

I replaced the headlights to LED'S and at the same time replaced the fog lights,( wider area to cover on the road).

I have a 2014RTS-SE6.

Deanna

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-15-2019, 12:00 PM
I have burned through 3 in the about 8 years but always change both at the same time as the other will go out shortly after the first one. Unfortunately they do not make the LED type for my model but would be the way to go and they do give you a better light and life....:thumbup:

Gene, …. another member just posted on a different thread that Banggood.com sells H-7 bulbs that fit …… :clap::clap:...… Mike :ohyea:….. Look for the Thread - Tutorial -Added LED bulbs to a Spyder RS 2008 - some DIY required from 4/14/19….post #2 …..:thumbup:

missouriboy
04-17-2019, 11:25 PM
The LEDs look great, but since they're triple the price of OEM I thought my situation over and decided to just get one more OEM... because looking forward I don't expect to have this machine more than about 15 more months, max. So, instead of donating LEDs to the next owner, I'm gonna put the extra money toward Vredestein tires for myself!

So Thanks everybody! Now I know what to do for that next machine, when the time comes.