PDA

View Full Version : Painting exhaust/muffler

Micnice10
04-14-2019, 04:55 PM
Looking to paint my exhaust/muffler black to match the rest of my bike. I seen rust-oleum makes a high heat paint. Just looking for some input if this is the right way to paint or is
There a better way. They make in spray can and paint can, thinking a brush will be less of a mess..thoughts??

Nobodyjj
04-14-2019, 05:02 PM
Engine or brake enamel.

Peter Aawen
04-14-2019, 05:27 PM
I've seen a number of 'formerly chromed' Spyder exhausts powder coated various colours without any issues due to heat over time, so I'd think a good quality heat resistant enamel paint would work well! You could check how hot the parts you want to paint actually get with an infra-red thermometer, & then have a talk to the paint supplier (or powder coat bods) to see what they can do for you. I know one fella who powder coated his muffler himself, at home, using the kitchen oven to bake it on..... but he's divorced now, so I can't really say that particular evolution was entirely without any issues! :shocked: Apparently, the 'powder coating his muffler in the oven' figured fairly highly in the break-up discussions! :sour:

Nico75
04-28-2019, 11:50 AM
Hi
exhaust paint I took mine off and sprayed it red with V H T in a rattle can , quick drying my panels are red so red it was
Regards Nico 75

Gwolf
04-28-2019, 02:22 PM
Go to auto part place and get exhaust header paint. It only comes in a couple colors, but it won't burn off.

RLS Exhaust
05-15-2019, 01:35 PM
RLS Exhaust now offering a Ceramic coating Service .

cptjam
05-16-2019, 01:39 AM
Cheap, BBQ paint. Proper, send it to Ricky at RLS. Ceramic is the way to go. Jet-Hot is also great.