PDA

View Full Version : Hello All- horn issue

MOSESS
04-14-2019, 04:19 PM
I had a vendor install a horn about two years ago. well like most things its not working any more. It has a relay and o have power to it. how do I jump it out to check to see if that is the issue....

Lew L
04-14-2019, 05:32 PM
Hi Mosess, take the ground and the hot wire ( hope your installer used colored wire ( black is - and red is + _ and touch them to there horn leads ( It will be loud if the horn ISN"T the problem). No honking= bad relay, which can be purchased for a few $ at any decent auto parts store.
Of course------- check the fuse first

Peter Aawen
04-14-2019, 05:34 PM
Is there no power to the relay? Or to the horn? :dontknow:

If it's the relay that isn't getting power, you could check the fuses first, then check tthe relay itself by bridging the horn direct to the battery for a second or so; but if it's no power to the horn thru the relay, then I'd suggest checking the relay for correct operation & swapping it out if it's died; which is frequently the case when relay controlled devices fail to work after being fine for some time. :sour:

Good Luck!

Edit - too slow typing again! :rolleyes: Ditto to what Lew says! :thumbup:

4 MARIE
04-14-2019, 05:55 PM
I run a bad boy horn from Spyderpops, no relay. Not that expensive and works just fine

MOSESS
04-16-2019, 07:04 AM
Hi guys after thinking I checked all the fuses I missed one. I still don't now how or why it was blown. looking at the front of the RT the fuses on the left side Number 5 the 25amp one. it may have some thing to do with the trailer harness that was no good....the wiring was not done with red and black. all black.....any way it works now I need to take hard look at knowing more but time is not a friend these days. thanks

Ryan12
05-01-2019, 05:17 AM
I'm glad your horny again. Well, you know what I mean. LOL

East TX Rock Hauler
05-23-2019, 05:30 PM
THANKS my horn had quit and Thanks to you I found the blown fuse now my horn works and can get it inspected

Chupaca
05-23-2019, 10:10 PM
You fixed it before I could suggest checking the fuses and it is the most common issue. Check what else is hooked to that fuse as it may not be the only thing that could have caused the blowing out...:dontknow: