PDA

View Full Version : Great - and - interesting Day

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-13-2019, 06:58 PM
Skiing in the AM and Spydering in the PM, very Kool :clap::clap:...………...… Mike :ohyea:

RapidSpyder
04-13-2019, 07:35 PM
One year we were snow skiing Terry Peak the last day before closing for the season and water skiing the next. It was “hit it, hit it NOW!”. We did have partial wet suits, but it was still dang cold... the air temp was 70, but still.

ARtraveler
04-14-2019, 01:55 PM
Skiing in the AM and Spydering in the PM, very Kool :clap::clap:...………...… Mike :ohyea:

That is an interesting pair up. It happens in AK too. :yes:

Lew L
04-14-2019, 02:01 PM
Done this many times in No. Nevada. Will be doing is soon.
Lew L

canamjhb
04-14-2019, 08:43 PM
At Mt. Baker, WA they use to have an event called the "Slush Cup". Maybe they still have it. Held in July. Skiiers would shush down the mountain in shorts and t-shirts and attempt to cross a body of water (melted snow..... Burrrrrrr) on snow skis. A combination of snow and water skiing all in one run. BTDT...... Love this time of year. Lots of options..... Jim

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-14-2019, 11:25 PM
At Mt. Baker, WA they use to have an event called the "Slush Cup". Maybe they still have it. Held in July. Skiiers would shush down the mountain in shorts and t-shirts and attempt to cross a body of water (melted snow..... Burrrrrrr) on snow skis. A combination of snow and water skiing all in one run. BTDT...... Love this time of year. Lots of options..... Jim

Here in Vermont that is called " Pond skimming " a lot of ski area's here have some variation on that theme ….. I have NEVER attempted it :roflblack::roflblack: …………. Since the beginning of April I have only skied 4 times …. My 72 yr. old legs have real problems when it gets " Soft ". It looks like my last day for this season will be Tues. the 16th. and in the early AM only …. Temps are going to get below freezing the night before and that will firm things up., for some nice " Corn " :thumbup: …… Total for this season will then be 61 days total …. not bad for $129.00 Ski pass …………. Mike :ohyea: