PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion's New Helmet exo 900

8LEGS
06-23-2009, 04:20 PM
I really like this one.

http://www.scorpionusa.com/media/videos/exo-900.html

fastfraser
06-23-2009, 04:23 PM
:thumbup: That is one great looking helmet. Got my intrest.

Bersquack
06-23-2009, 04:53 PM
That does look pretty cool.

csmead
06-23-2009, 05:03 PM
we have the HJC Sy-Max with the built in sun visor (retractable). That shaded visor is the best thing about the helmet.

spy1166
06-23-2009, 05:37 PM
That is one cool helmet. Will get one for sure. Thanks for sharing. :2thumbs:

8LEGS
06-23-2009, 05:53 PM
we have the HJC Sy-Max with the built in sun visor (retractable). That shaded visor is the best thing about the helmet.

Yea, I have the HJC Sy-Max 2, I do like it but it seems to be a bit small. I usually wear my Icon helmet, but no internal sun visor. After seeing Deb & Brian Monday I am seriously considering getting a shorty like Debs.

Frig
06-23-2009, 07:53 PM
I really like the video reviews from helmetharbor.com. I can't wait for his review of the exo 900. It looks great but how well does it perform. I ordered my current helmet from him and it's a great company to deal with. I tried on the 1000 and it was TIGHT. Both the 900 and 1000 have cheek pad pumps. I may have to go 1 size up and pump it up to the correct fit.

Tom in NM
06-23-2009, 08:09 PM
But if this is quieter and glasses friendly, I will buy it.

The SyMax II is so noisy - it is worse than going without a helmet. The retractable visor is a must have. I would not buy a helmet without one now.

I like the Transformer's flexibility from full to 3/4s, but I wonder how heavy it is.

Tom

Bimjo
06-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Going to have to come out in white before I even think about it.

Looks interesting though.

NancysToy
06-23-2009, 09:44 PM
I may have to go 1 size up and pump it up to the correct fit.
Be careful with that. Helmet fit is the single most important thing. The helmet should be snug all the way around the head, with no pressure points or hot spots. There should be no significant movement when you shake your head, and you should not be able to move the fastened helmet away from your head by pushing on it in any dorection, including upward. Tighter cheek pads can give the illusion that a helmet fits, when in reality the hemisphere surrounding your brain is too loose.

Oh yeah, Scorpions certainly do have tight cheek pads. I like the Arai system where they can be changed to fit, better than even the inflatable Scorpion.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

Motza
06-23-2009, 11:07 PM
FIRST DOT and SNELL rated Flip up Helmet

www.webbikeworld.com/r2/zeus-helmet/zeus-3000/ (http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/zeus-helmet/zeus-3000/)

superfly3
06-23-2009, 11:08 PM
:2thumbs: that helmet is cool makes me wish I bought that one instead of the vemar.

Tom in NM
06-24-2009, 01:19 AM
Be careful with that. Helmet fit is the single most important thing. The helmet should be snug all the way around the head, with no pressure points or hot spots. There should be no significant movement when you shake your head, and you should not be able to move the fastened helmet away from your head by pushing on it in any dorection, including upward. Tighter cheek pads can give the illusion that a helmet fits, when in reality the hemisphere surrounding your brain is too loose.

That is a problem I have even when I am not riding. Maybe I should wear a helmet around the house like Motza does.

Probably would not help.

Tom

NancysToy
06-24-2009, 06:30 AM
That is a problem I have even when I am not riding. Maybe I should wear a helmet around the house like Motza does.

Probably would not help.

Tom
Not the bony hemisphere, silly...the fiberglass one. :joke:

LittleJohn
06-24-2009, 08:00 AM
I have the Can Am Branded Scorpion EXO1000, and I gotta say, Im VERY impressed with the helmet.
The flip down sun visor is great, and the anti fog technology they use on the windscreen surpasses anything Ive seen!!!!

Saluda
06-24-2009, 03:14 PM
That's the trouble with this place (kidding). You can be perfectly happy with something you have until you see a new model or different version. Then you want to spend more $$ replacing something you thought was going to be around for a while. Those are some nice helmets !

Motza
06-24-2009, 05:08 PM

Probably would not help.

Tom
Got a problem with my religion? Safetianity

Tom in NM
06-24-2009, 05:28 PM
I stopped by a local store and they had some in stock.
Nice. Felt very good and when you closed it, it snugged up around my head, felt very secure and yet comfortable.
The "tranforming" from full to 3/4s was easy, though not for doing on the move.
The "blast" visor worked nice and it looked like the air circulation would be good - a couple of different options.
The air pump worked nicely and gave a custom feel, though I am not sure how durable it is.
The weight felt as about the same as my HJC Symax II, without weighing them. Though, it seemed like the center of gravity was different. That would make put it in the heavy category, but it felt fine on my head and I would not expect it to be too heavy over the long haul - the Symax isn't.
The finish was fine, though they only had the flat brown/gray in stock. Not at all colorful, but OK.
Of course they would not let me try it to see how it sounded. I could have that privilege for $275 + tax. I declined. I would have bought it if it was any quieter than the Symax - ANY quieter, but they would not budge. So I will wait. I would bet that in the 3/4 mode, it would be quieter, but I am not going to spend $300 for a helmet that requires ear plugs at any speed over 45 mph - EVER!
There you have it. They are out in (some) stores and ready to find a place on the road or in Motza's Helmet Shrine.

Tom

zzneonzz
07-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Has anyone purchased the EXO-900 yet? I'm thinking of getting one if I can find a local show that carry's them they got really good reviews for everything except weight on the webbikeworld review.

8LEGS
07-08-2009, 10:29 PM
I haven't seen them around here yet. I purchased different pads for my Sy Max 2 and no more headaches for me. So it looks like I may keep the HJC.