PDA

View Full Version : ABS or Polypropylene

ARNIE R
04-12-2019, 05:50 PM
Does anyone know for sure if the dash trim panel around the gauges is either ABS or PP? I have examined it very closely and cannot tell which it is. Usually, the type is molded into the back with the ID of the type.

pegasus1300
04-12-2019, 07:52 PM
pretty sure it is abs plastic.

ARNIE R
04-12-2019, 08:56 PM
Hoping so....I have secured primer, Cognac Paint, and clear coat and want to repaint the side bag covers (awful factory job) as well as the dash trim panel.....tried to paint Poly-p in the past with not so good results.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-12-2019, 10:06 PM
Hoping so....I have secured primer, Cognac Paint, and clear coat and want to repaint the side bag covers (awful factory job) as well as the dash trim panel.....tried to paint Poly-p in the past with not so good results.

I have painted two dash surrounds with Great success ( Look at Deanna777 's Cognac dash , it's on all Her posts ) …. The surfaces were not smooth but I didn't sand them the paint filled in very nicely ….. Her " Cognac " paint wasn't from BRP …. I found a match in VHT burnt copper ( spray can or pints/quarts ) …. It is a high heat paint that MUST have a plastic paint primer before you can use it about $12.50 per 12-14 oz. ...I think the paint codes was SP 402 , PM me id you plan touse it …… Mike :ohyea:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
04-13-2019, 07:37 AM
i would say abs, polypro is more flexible & can't be painted