PDA

View Full Version : This is how to do limited edition

IGETAROUND
04-11-2019, 04:41 PM
With the 10th anniversary edition past history, BRP might take notice of how some of the two wheeled manufacturers do a limited edition model for sale on a yearly basis. Just food for thought.

https://blog.motorcycle.com/2019/03/14/manufacturers/indian/indian-announces-fourth-annual-jack-daniels-limited-edition-bike/

Al in Kazoo

bluewoo
04-11-2019, 05:42 PM
They should, But I don't think it gets people to buy em like myself. I think the spyder is special enough and keeps improving , the ryker will probably take off quickly on sales.
I had an L.E. car once and found out it was three gold badges, that was it............Limited = three special badges-stupid me.

L.E. are nice but it seems to me it just more $ for the same foundation, maybe some good talking at a fuel stop.

Yes I do have a Limited RT = stitching on back rest and I didn't buy it for that, I like the color!

Thanks for the share - good looking Indians for sure.

ARtraveler
04-11-2019, 06:17 PM
Interesting stuff...those limited editions.

I had an limited editon (cant even remember the name) Subaru Forester. Got nothing back for it when I traded it in.

I have only heard of two people that bought the BRP 10th Anniversary, limited edition Spyder. Going to be interesting to see if they gain any value. I am thinking not. The Premier editions GS and RTS were both a joke as far as extra value. I also had a Premier RTS.

stmike 1800
04-12-2019, 06:42 AM
Interesting stuff...those limited editions.

I had an limited editon (cant even remember the name) Subaru Forester. Got nothing back for it when I traded it in.

I have only heard of two people that bought the BRP limited edition Spyder. Going to be interesting to see if they gain any value. I am thinking not. The Premier editions GS and RTS were both a joke as far as extra value. I also had a Premier RTS.

You can make that three .

Pirate looks at --
04-12-2019, 07:26 AM
Maybe BRP should do a "Canadian Club" Limited Edition!:roflblack:

FalconAF
04-12-2019, 02:47 PM
I bought my 2018 RT Limited 4 weeks ago NOT because it was a Limited, but because I was looking for a Spyder, the 2018 price was reduced by over $5500 due to manufacturer rebate to the dealer, and it was simply a good deal financially. I could care less if it was a "special edition" or whatever. And I would never buy a vehicle as an "investment" anyhow. There are many, many better and safer ways to invest money. I'm retired, and already own a car. I'm a realist. My Spyder is an expensive "Big Boy Toy". Geez...it sucks gas on the Interstate at 75 MPH worse than my car does at the same speed. :roflblack:

RICZ
04-12-2019, 03:24 PM
There is a difference between using the word Limited to designate a model and using the term Limited Edition to indicate a short run. The F3L is not a limited run and the Indian JD is not one either. Four year running does not constitute a limited run. Kinda like a mattress sale.

ARtraveler
04-13-2019, 01:25 PM
You can make that three .

The limited we referenced refers to the special 10th anniversary edition. Black/Gold and with special badging. Your profile shows 2018 RTL. BRP made the Anniversary Editons through special order and you had to wait months to get them.

stmike 1800
04-14-2019, 10:32 AM
Mine is not an anniversary edition ,but as my ownership states it is an rtl .:popcorn: