PDA

View Full Version : Handle bar riser?

Revalden
04-10-2019, 10:50 PM
I really, really need to raise my 2015RTS handle bars a couple of inches. Is there anything available? I haven't been successful in my quests.

Peter Aawen
04-11-2019, 08:24 AM
It's not an easy thing to do on the RT's, & I don't believe there's any 'off the shelf' options, altho I believe there are a couple of Spyders mentioned somewhere here on the Forum by their owners, who did the hard yards & fabbed up something to do the job - they even posted some pics. It'd be a few years back now, & IIRC they had to source some 'correct dia' handlebar tubing to make up stub bars to go in the end of the large OE bar/surrounds so they could fit the risers onto the stubs; and the hand-grip units also had to be transferred off the remnants left when they cut the OE bar & onto a longer replacement that had enough protruding so the top end of the risers could grab onto that! :shocked:

So like I mentioned, it ain't easy, but some have been motivated & talented enough to make something work! Over to you, & good luck! :thumbup:

kdp1308
04-11-2019, 11:09 AM
I don't know of an off the self riser but I think you can just use a 2" block of aluminum and drill 4 holes in it. You will need longer metric socket head cap screws. Be sure and Loctite them in place. The hardest part would be getting the original bolts out.

ARtraveler
04-11-2019, 11:34 AM
Tri Axis bars from BRP used to help. Adjustment up and back. Pricey at $1K or so.

JayBros
04-11-2019, 04:16 PM
Here's the BRP catalog page for the Tri-Axis bars. Yes they are pricey but they give a lot of adjustability. I am very satisfied with mine.https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/spyder-accessories/handlebars/tri-axis-adjustable-handlebar-for-all-spyder-rt-models.html

If you try to insert a thick aluminum block you might run into problems with adequate slack in the wiring for the left and right grip assemblies; I don't know.

Spyderlady14
08-07-2019, 12:54 PM
I have a spyder 2014 STS any suggestions on where can I get risers

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-07-2019, 10:50 PM
I have a spyder 2014 STS any suggestions on where can I get risers

Post #2 from Peter is correct, a couple of members here found some " dog bone style " risers ( originally for the GS & RS ) and adapted them for the ST and or RT handlebars ….. doing it wasn't easy, but then $ 800.00 isn't easy to come by these days either ….. good luck … Mike :ohyea: