PDA

View Full Version : Another Chapter Begins

ARtraveler
04-08-2019, 12:39 PM
Many of you know that I have referred to moving to Arkansas eventually.

Our original plans were to put the house up for sale, wait the usual three months, and perhaps get out of AK by the end of summer.

Well...things did not quite go as planned. We decided to put the home up for sale the first week in March...to give plenty of time for the above.

The home sold in three days to the first people that looked at it.

That put our house hunting on fast forward for sure. Been looking at potential properties for about a year. Thank you internet. Had a final list of five to go to AR for the hunt. Quickly narrowed it down to three...then...two. It turns out that our number one pick...was best after all.

Bottom line...I bought a brand new home on an acre. We are going to be surrounded by farms....beautiful rolling pasture country, and lots of trees everywhere.

We are going to be in NW Arkansas, 40 minutes from Branson, and smack dab in the middle of AR best motorcycle roads...per the AR State Guide.

Now....close this house, close on the new home, coordinate the movers with getting three MC and some household goods to AR...and do this all no later than the 2nd week of May.

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I will NOT be at Spyderfest this year...but look for the moving truck going through Springfield about that time.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Linda an I are humbled by how the Lord does work. This is obviously "meant to be."

We are both looking forward to our new adventure together. Did I hear somebody say...shopping, shopping, shopping? :bowdown: :roflblack:

bscofield84
04-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Congrats!!! That is a beautiful area down there. Have traveled thru that area before, and it can be breath-taking.

Saluda
04-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Congrats, wish you the best !!

LeftCoast
04-08-2019, 12:50 PM
Congrats AK, glad to hear all is going smoothly so far. Getting the house stuff done is the big part, everything else are details!! Looking forward to hearing about the first ride.

Deanna777
04-08-2019, 01:05 PM
Congrats!

Good luck with the move and everything!

Deanna

CopperSpyder
04-08-2019, 01:10 PM
:congrats: on the new home!! Hopefully you will have the grill unpacked in time for the 4th of July to sit back and enjoy!! :bbq:

ARtraveler
04-08-2019, 01:29 PM
:congrats: on the new home!! Hopefully you will have the grill unpacked in time for the 4th of July to sit back and enjoy!! :bbq:

That is one of the items on our shopping list. :yes:

PW2013STL
04-08-2019, 02:08 PM
Fantastic news!

Congrats on how this worked out. Now Kathy and I will have an easier time getting to you two for a reunion ride!

ARtraveler
04-08-2019, 02:09 PM
Fantastic news!

Congrats on how this worked out. Now Kathy and I will have an easier time getting to you two for a reunion ride!

And we will be looking forward to it. :yes:

Grandpot
04-08-2019, 02:19 PM
Welcome to the Sunny South.:cheers:

wyliec
04-08-2019, 02:20 PM
So, will you be arspyderman?

Grandpot
04-08-2019, 02:21 PM

A very valid question.

ARtraveler
04-08-2019, 02:32 PM

I had thought of that...but have decided no.

I am entertaining ARtraveler...but actually am open to suggestions.

ARtraveler
04-08-2019, 02:33 PM
A very valid question.

I had thought of that...but have decided no.

I am entertaining ARtraveler...but actually am open to suggestions.

pegasus1300
04-08-2019, 02:49 PM
Welcome back.Sometimes when its time to move,its time to move.

Joe T.
04-08-2019, 03:45 PM
..I bought a brand new home on an acre. We are going to be surrounded by farms....beautiful rolling pasture country, and lots of trees everywhere.

Any of those farms 'Chicken' farms?

:yikes:

Seriously, good luck on your new 'Life Adventure.'

Joe T.

ARtraveler
04-08-2019, 03:49 PM
..I bought a brand new home on an acre. We are going to be surrounded by farms....beautiful rolling pasture country, and lots of trees everywhere.

Any of those farms 'Chicken' farms?

:yikes:

Seriously, good luck on your new 'Life Adventure.'

Joe T.

Cattle only. No pigs or chickens. Its all cattle around where I am.

Bob Denman
04-08-2019, 05:00 PM
:D Welcome (Back!), to the "First 48... :clap: :2thumbs:
Once we retire and head South: you'll have a tough time avoiding us! :shocked:

ARtraveler
04-08-2019, 05:04 PM
:D Welcome (Back!), to the "First 48... :clap: :2thumbs:
Once we retire and head South: you'll have a tough time avoiding us! :shocked:

We will look forward to meeting up with you folks in person.

canamjhb
04-08-2019, 05:41 PM
ARtraveler...... Good name and a good song too. (For those of us old enough to remember it). Things really happened FAST for you. Going to be a very busy Spring. Best wishes and I hope your upcoming move and retirement exceeds your best expectations..... Jim

And.......I will be watching to see how you transform your Avatar to your new lifestyle. :clap::clap::

Purple Guy
04-08-2019, 05:42 PM
Congrats my friend!
Love the name change!!!

ARtraveler
04-08-2019, 05:45 PM
ARtraveler...... Good name and a good song too. (For those of us old enough to remember it). Things really happened FAST for you. Going to be a very busy Spring. Best wishes and I hope your upcoming move and retirement exceeds your best expectations..... Jim

And.......I will be watching to see how you transform your Avatar to your new lifestyle. :clap::clap::

Yup! Arkansas Traveler is one of those old standard Bluegrass songs. I play it on a regular basis when going through my song list.

RE: Avatar: that is going to be a good dilemma. The moose and bear woodcarvings are supposed to be going to a new home here in AK. They are going to adorn a bed and breakfast.
Going to have to find something new. Going to check around...but it may take a bit of time to find the one that suits me. :yes:

oldgoat
04-08-2019, 05:49 PM
Great news. Hope all goes smoothly

Peter Aawen
04-08-2019, 05:59 PM
Well that's Great News AK! :congrats:

Altho maybe both Felicitations and Commiserations are in order.... :hun: Felicitations for the successful transactions & the imminent move; Commiserations for the race to finalise everything that those transactions & the imminent move will bring with them! :rolleyes: Sounds like you'll NEED to retire once you've got all that lot sorted - Oh, hang on, you have! :ohyea:

All the best for the move to the new location and in this new chapter of your lives. :2thumbs:

Deanna777
04-08-2019, 06:08 PM
Yup! Arkansas Traveler is one of those old standard Bluegrass songs. I play it on a regular basis when going through my song list.

RE: Avatar: that is going to be a good dilemma. The moose and bear woodcarvings are supposed to be going to a new home here in AK. They are going to adorn a bed and breakfast.
Going to have to find something new. Going to check around...but it may take a bit of time to find the one that suits me. :yes: Here is a suggestion for an Avatar: how about a spyder:roflblack::roflblack: Deanna

ARtraveler
04-08-2019, 06:21 PM
Well that's Great News AK! :congrats:

Altho maybe both Felicitations and Commiserations are in order.... :hun: Felicitations for the successful transactions & the imminent move; Commiserations for the race to finalise everything that those transactions & the imminent move will bring with them! :rolleyes: Sounds like you'll NEED to retire once you've got all that lot sorted - Oh, hang on, you have! :ohyea:

All the best for the move to the new location and in this new chapter of your lives. :2thumbs:

For starters, today has been a never-ending go, go, go. And...I don't think it will get better.

ARtraveler
04-08-2019, 06:27 PM
Here is a suggestion for an Avatar: how about a spyder:roflblack::roflblack: Deanna

There are a lot of "country cutsey" types of things down and around here. I will surely find something.

ARtraveler
04-08-2019, 06:29 PM
Here is a suggestion for an Avatar: how about a spyder:roflblack::roflblack: Deanna

If I could find a chainsaw carved hillbilly mule playing an acoustic guitar...I would probably go for it.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-08-2019, 08:51 PM
Sorry I'm late on this Thread …… To say that I'm very, :ohyea:very, happy for you is an UNDERSTATEMENT …...……. I know this Spyderfest is not in the cards …………….. But after you get settled check out PEEL's Ferry near Branson the roads in that area are Phenomenal ….. That's my all time favorite road in Arkansas ……. I wish you all the best on a safe and successful move ...:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap ::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:: clap::clap::clap:...... Mike

Tulefog
04-08-2019, 10:04 PM
Congratulations on the quick sale, probably a razorback Avatar and a hog hat helmet.

sandeejs
04-08-2019, 10:54 PM
Congrats!
No need to change your screen name or avatar. Honor the past and live in the now.

~Sandee~

d.o.spyder-rts
04-08-2019, 11:12 PM
:congrats: on your new home, best wishes and have a safe trip. Dale

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-09-2019, 12:54 AM
If I could find a chainsaw carved hillbilly mule playing an acoustic guitar...I would probably go for it.
You mean like this one? It's Texas instead of AR and banjo instead of geeetar, and a man instead of a mule, but .....!

It's from here: http://www.cca-carvers.org/2014-comp-winners/14winners_thmbs.html

Chupaca
04-09-2019, 01:33 AM
It is as it is said... man plans and he laughs. So glad that the well laid plans were altered in your favor. So pack it, tag it and ship it for this summer is gonna be a hoot...:2thumbs:

glennm
04-09-2019, 02:01 AM
Congrats on the sale and purchase ak. Nice to be on a good size block and everything new to boot!
All the best with the whole packup, move, resettle. Then it will be time to really enjoy your retirement.

Bob Denman
04-09-2019, 06:44 AM
He's gonna have to meet up with CruzrJoe… :yikes:

Trbayth
04-09-2019, 07:55 AM
He's gonna have to meet up with CruzrJoe… :yikes:

Knowing Joe he'll go out of his way to make sure that happens!

Bob Denman
04-09-2019, 11:16 AM
:D Yup!

ARtraveler
04-09-2019, 12:06 PM
You mean like this one? It's Texas instead of AR and banjo instead of geeetar, and a man instead of a mule, but .....!

It's from here: http://www.cca-carvers.org/2014-comp-winners/14winners_thmbs.html

That's very nice. I do play the banjer a little bit...but I cheated. I have a Deering 6 string...which fingers and is tuned just like a guitar. Thanks for the suggestion...I will check it out.

Deanna777
04-10-2019, 10:57 AM
There are a lot of "country cutsey" types of things down and around here. I will surely find something.
Yea you will find something. Looking forward to seeing what you find.
Deanna