PDA

View Full Version : Bummed battery buyer

Joel The Biker
04-06-2019, 08:23 AM
I bought a new battery for my Spyder last fall, never installed. It will not even turn the engine over. I charged it and the charger says its strong, but its not. Put the old battery back in until I can buy another expensive battery. Wish I had the receipt for it. There must be some type of warranty, but how would the dealer know its the same battery I bought and not an old one? Oh well. Its only money.:mad:

BajaRon
04-06-2019, 08:25 AM
If you purchased it locally, I'd go talk to them. The battery should have some kind of 'In Service' date. The worst that can happen is that you'll be in the same boat you're in now. But maybe they will at least give you a break on another one. It's worth a try.

SpyderAnn01
04-06-2019, 08:35 AM
I bought a battery at a Batteries + in a different state and it went bad the next year. I took it to my local store and they looked it up on their computer and gave me a new battery. I didn’t have my receipt with me.

Chupaca
04-06-2019, 08:38 AM
Most stores have your records if bought with a credit card as well as the credit card company. If so you would have the date and record of the purchase. Have the battery tested to see the condition as it would seem it is only getting a surface charge. What kind and brand is it as some dealers carry more than one brand...:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-06-2019, 09:38 AM
Most stores have your records if bought with a credit card as well as the credit card company. If so you would have the date and record of the purchase. Have the battery tested to see the condition as it would seem it is only getting a surface charge. What kind and brand is it as some dealers carry more than one brand...:thumbup:
:agree: …….. CC company's usually warranty things bought with their CC ……………… This advice won't help - but this is one reason to buy an UN-filled battery. That's what I usually do, then I activate it when I need it …… good luck ….. Mike :ohyea:

Joel The Biker
04-06-2019, 12:57 PM
So, I called the dealer where I bought the battery. They did not put the battery on my account when I purchased it, so they could not find a record of it. I explained that I bought it last fall, never installed it, and it wont start the spyder. They exchanged it for me! They said they send several back to the manufacturer and they would just send it back with the others. What an awesome dealer! I could not find my receipt. I could have looked it up in my CC records, but they didnt ask. I am so grateful to have such an awesome dealer near me!

Bfromla
04-06-2019, 02:57 PM
So, I called the dealer where I bought the battery. They did not put the battery on my account when I purchased it, so they could not find a record of it. I explained that I bought it last fall, never installed it, and it wont start the spyder. They exchanged it for me! They said they send several back to the manufacturer and they would just send it back with the others. What an awesome dealer! I could not find my receipt. I could have looked it up in my CC records, but they didnt ask. I am so grateful to have such an awesome dealer near me!
Their name & location please. Good to know good dealers when traveling. TIA

trikermutha
04-06-2019, 03:03 PM
I bought one last year and have not installed it yet.

Going on 5 years with my original battery :shocked:

AAbruzzese
04-06-2019, 11:47 PM
I bought my 2018 RTLSE6 just a few we weeks back from the dealer and twice I had to boost it to start after leaving the lights on for 10 minutes while in my garage. I am wondering if that is normal or the battery is not holding a good charge.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-07-2019, 07:58 AM
I bought my 2018 RTLSE6 just a few we weeks back from the dealer and twice I had to boost it to start after leaving the lights on for 10 minutes while in my garage. I am wondering if that is normal or the battery is not holding a good charge.

After I bought my 2014 RT in Ill., I had to drive it back to Vermont ….. The battery failed on the way home :gaah: …… Mike :ohyea:

larryd
04-07-2019, 09:24 AM
I think all batteries have a built date stamped or marked on them...A thru L...A being Jan. & L being Dec....After the letter it will have a number representing the year built...larryd

Mikey
04-07-2019, 09:32 AM
Have it load tested