PDA

View Full Version : Camera Install

Tyris
04-05-2019, 12:04 PM
Bought a Camera that has forward and backward camera that I want to mount with Ram Mount on top of Dash. Can be powered straigt to battery or a USB which I already have mounted on the dash.

So for the camera to the back will need to zip tie to the windshield bracket and then thread through the length of the body of the 2016 RT Limited and come out somewhere. How difficult is threading this wire?

I've checked with a few dealers, one quoted 3.5 to hours which may or not be accurate. Another dealer said it really didn't know how long it would take so was reluctant to give me a quote. So option 2 is learning how to take off panels and threading it through. Constructive thoughts on the project would be greatly appreciated.

Boilermaker
04-05-2019, 12:25 PM
I'm confused. If you have a USB already on the dash, why not use it? Why would you run it to the back? Did I miss something? :dontknow:

Nevermind. I see you are trying to connect that back camera! Sorry! :thumbup:

McClendons
04-05-2019, 12:52 PM
Panels are very easy to pull off, and theer are good videos out there. I would do myself, 3.5 hours is crazy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVulKP4_GaU is just one example of a quick search. Once panels are off, there is allot of room to run wires.

Should mention, the mirror mounts are a little crazy, noit hard to get out but you do have to hit the mirror a little harder than you would think. If you've ever thought about "Magic Mirrors", I would go that route! Replaces the existing mounts with very strong magnets, excellent solution and makes removing mirrors easy.

AAbruzzese
04-05-2019, 01:35 PM
Hi do a quick google search only wireless USB, not to be confused with bluetooth.

Chupaca
04-05-2019, 03:36 PM
If one camera is on a ram ball on the dash facing forward and the other will be zipped to the winshield bracket ( in front) facing backwards why are we going the length of the spyder...?? wouldn't a "Y" splitter to the usb do the trick....?? :thumbup:

SpyderHubby
04-05-2019, 08:47 PM
Can you post a link to the camera manufacturer for the device you selected? Thanks!

Tyris
04-05-2019, 10:55 PM
The USB goes to the monitor, from the monitor there are two camera outs, one forward one backward. Monitor can do split screen, but only really want the rear one on. It has the ability to record both cameras at the same time.

Tyris
04-05-2019, 10:56 PM
https://sykik.com/collections/we-got-your-back