PDA

View Full Version : Idling but moving forward

jcaburto
04-04-2019, 02:10 AM
Lately I've noticed that my 2013 RTL feels like it wants to go forward when idling on 1st gear. It's minor but enough to make me want to step harder on the brake. I can't tell if the rpms go any higher than it used to as they stay between 1000-1500. It feels more as if the clutch is disengaging on and off.
Any ideas?

Bfromla
04-04-2019, 05:41 AM
Go to settings & enable rpm display so you ca see a more accurate rpm value. There will be some variation but should stay +/-100

jcaburto
04-04-2019, 09:38 AM
Sorry, it’s 1300/1400

Chupaca
04-04-2019, 09:51 AM
As stated above the rpms will cause this if they are above the normal rate. I believe they can be adjusted (throttle stop adjustment) if to high but may have to have the dealer do this. Not that familiar with the SE models so not sure of the normal Idel rpms but have seen many that do creep along at times....:thumbup:

jcaburto
04-04-2019, 10:53 AM
As stated above the rpms will cause this if they are above the normal rate. I believe they can be adjusted (throttle stop adjustment) if to high but may have to have the dealer do this. Not that familiar with the SE models so not sure of the normal Idel rpms but have seen many that do creep along at times....:thumbup:

Thanks! Creep is the word :-)

Snowbelt Spyder
04-04-2019, 10:58 AM
Thanks! Creep is the word :-)

Hey Julio. We're talking about an SE-5, right? If this happens at the first startup of the day - with cold oil and all - and then clears up thereafter, I wouldn't worry about it to much. Mine has been doing that for 4 years. And you have the newer clutch design, which can sometimes produce a rough feeling engagement with cold oil, anyway. There was a bulletin about that. Also normal.

jcaburto
04-04-2019, 11:48 AM
Yes se5, thanks. I was used to the smooth idling I guess.
I’ll search again now that I know the term. ��