PDA

View Full Version : Tires

johnny canuck
04-03-2019, 06:39 PM
Hi Folks,
Living in Ontario Canada.
Looking for new front tires. Went to Canadian version of "TireRack" They don't list any 165/55r15's. Was thinking of those Federal's many talk about. Any suggestions from other Canadian riders? Other Brands. Sorry, don't like the OEM's.
2017, RTL, 1330.

Thank's

CopperSpyder
04-03-2019, 06:53 PM
A lot of people here have used VREDESTEIN QUATRAC 5 tires.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-03-2019, 06:59 PM
A lot of people here have used VREDESTEIN QUATRAC 5 tires.

:agree: ……….And I should ….I discovered them and have been recommending them :ohyea:….. everyone who has bought them have really liked the ride ( at 15psi - for fronts ) ………… Mike :ohyea: ………………. Put Vredestein tires in the Search box …. I listed all the sizes that will fit the 14 and 15 inch wheels …..good luck …. PPS - they have a size for you …...

canamjhb
04-03-2019, 11:39 PM
Take a look at the post here about Vredestein tires. It will answer your questions..... Jim

Tango
04-05-2019, 08:48 AM
Tirerack has them. Free shipping, no sales tax. I have been experimenting with air pressures. Now running 15lbs. in the front and 18lbs. in the rear. This was highly recommended by our "tire expert" Mike here in the board. They handle great, very responsive. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-05-2019, 02:09 PM
Tirerack has them. Free shipping, no sales tax. I have been experimenting with air pressures. Now running 15lbs. in the front and 18lbs. in the rear. This was highly recommended by our "tire expert" Mike here in the board. They handle great, very responsive. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Tom :clap::clap::clap: … I'm so glad you tried those psi's ….I'm even more glad you are Happy :yes: …… If you like them in the DRY ….. you will be even more impressed if you get caught in the Rain …...……….. Thanks for the review …. Mike :ohyea .....PS, Peter and I have been urging folks to " just give it a test ", those that have are pleasantly surprised at how much the ride improves - just from a comfort standpoint..... Plus the traction is amazing ….. :thumbup:.... Mike :ohyea:

Haikanko
04-05-2019, 02:31 PM
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+AST&partnum=25HR5EAST&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

This looks good :)

Rookiespyder
04-05-2019, 03:05 PM
Hello there, I also live in Ontario Canada and you can get those tires from Quattro tire they are out of Montreal with free delivery.

Deanna777
04-05-2019, 05:53 PM
I am using the continental contiprocontact on the front( size 165/60 R15). I replaced the front tires 3 years ago. No problems with the tires.

Deanna