PDA

View Full Version : Rear Airbag Leaking

dverret
03-31-2019, 05:10 PM
Hello Spyderlovers, my wife and I just purchased our first trike in September, a 2011 Spyder RT Limited. We love this thing. Being new to Spyders, I joined Spyderlovers.com back in Jan. and spend every night reading through countless threads trying to learn as much as I can. I have found this to be the best place to find any information about Spyders. Anyhow, just noticed that I have a leaking airbag. No matter how much I adjust it on the dash, no change in the ride. When I add air to the valve under the seat, it expands but I can visibly see the leak with the help of soapy water. My wife has had several back surgeries and I would like to get this fixed asap. We have planned our first long distance trip in May. So Question #1: I hear a clicking sound when the bike is running, coming from the area where the pump is for the airbag. Is that related to the airbag? Question #2: If so, is there a way to disconnect the power to the pump until I can change it? Will it cause damage to ride it like this? Thanks for any input.

Drew

Grandpot
03-31-2019, 07:43 PM
Take a look at this thread by Doc Humphries.
https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?95733-Air-Bag-failure&highlight=Slime

He also sells an airbag protector.

Grandpot
04-01-2019, 05:56 AM
The compressors have a high failure rate. That noise may be the compressor motor running. However, it may not be pumping.