PDA

View Full Version : Tech question

MOSESS
03-30-2019, 07:36 PM
Hi guys. question , I took my Rt out for the second time this year today. I am hoping I don't have a major issue with the air bag, When riding the and adjusting the air bag the manual warning screen came up. turned the bike off and let it sit for an hour and all was well. Do I have an oncoming issue that I have to worry about....I have a 15RT-S …..thanks

JayBros
03-30-2019, 08:56 PM
You may have a compressor issue. Do you have a B.E.S.T. extended warranty?

DGoebel
03-30-2019, 09:05 PM
Get a good digital pressure gauge and check your pressure under the seat after a ride, then the next morning and see if there's a significant pressure drop. Your system may have drained down over the winter and it may just be resetting itself.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-31-2019, 01:05 AM
Get a good digital pressure gauge and check your pressure under the seat after a ride, then the next morning and see if there's a significant pressure drop. Your system may have drained down over the winter and it may just be resetting itself.

Good idea ….. but consider that just checking the air pressure causes a significant drop ….. because the Spyder Air Bag is sooooo small you can easily lose 10lbs just checking it :gaah::banghead:...…...……...jmho …. Mike :ohyea:

trikermutha
03-31-2019, 06:51 AM
Keep an eye on it but cant hurt to take it to the dealer if you still have a Warranty. Get it fixed before it the warranty runs out..

PMK
03-31-2019, 07:00 AM
If the warning screen appears, likely the compressor failed or is failing.

If the pressure drops significantly overnight, the compressor could be fine, but the check valve, hose connections or even the airbag may have a leak.

A significant leak will have the compressor run more often or constantly, ultimately destroying the compressor.

On our RTS, the check valve failed. I replaced the corroded brass check valve with a stainless steel check valve. Took about 30 minutes and was inexpensive to do. This solved the compressor cycling more often than when new.

If you understand check valves, ours was leaking in the closed position, back feeding air through the compressor itself. Essentially making it impossible to find a leak using a soap and water solution.

MOSESS
03-31-2019, 09:21 AM
Wow great info, I I will start the bike up today and see if it comes back, yes I do have a warranty and very happy I got it. The back has been sitting so that maybe it the issue, I noticed that the ride was a little harsh over bumps so I went to adjust the and the manual scene came on. I got to my destination and let it sit and made another adjustment to show a friend and it did not come back . ill get it to a dealer for an oil change and have them look at it... guys you have been a big help..

kamper
03-31-2019, 10:44 AM
Try the horn it is on the same fuse. If it doesn't work you most likely have a compresser problem. I put an aftermarket compresser in and it works faster and quieter.

safecracker
04-03-2019, 07:23 AM
All the above reply's are very good. On my RTS, I have had 2 ACS switches, a compressor and last year I replaced the one way valve (check valve) and 2 of the 90 degree brass fittings and hoses. Keep us posted on your findings. Bruce

AeroPilot
04-03-2019, 09:13 AM
Way common to lose pressure from the thin air bag over a couple of months...The S and Limited series have the compressors to keep up, but I bet half the base RTs like mine or the F3s like the wifes F3T have less than 10 psi in them... Its a once a month check to get the pressure back up to 50 psi for me 1 up. If a big old tire can lose 3-5 psi over a season, its easy for the smaller bag to permeate and lose its charge..... and then you have those systems that develop a leak :dontknow: