PDA

View Full Version : Coming out of hibernation

jbim
03-30-2019, 08:12 AM
My Spyder has been in storage since November. I look at it once in a while and check the battery tender. I haven't done work on it thru the winter although I bought a set of "The Wedgie" from a member of this site. Haven't been active on this site until this week but now that I have started to read and respond to threads, my juices are flowing and I'm very excited for the new season. :yes:

Safe riding all!

JBIM

AeroPilot
03-30-2019, 09:19 AM
Likewise we are getting antsy for warmer weather and riding more. Snow flurries last night, but the wife got to ride to work a couple days last week, and 60s forecast for next week.

Tire pressures checked, and coolant levels checked and topped off (much easier on the F3 than the RT). Hoping for better weather for a trip next weekend:clap:

bluewoo
03-30-2019, 10:20 AM
Spring is here and there it goes again!

70 today and 39 tomorrow:banghead:

Chupaca
03-30-2019, 11:00 AM
Dust her off, check her levels and pressures, gear-up and get out there...:yes::yes: there will always be time for installation on those off days ...:clap:

Deanna777
03-30-2019, 11:13 AM
:congrats: getting your spyder out of hibernation Have a safe riding season.

We still have snow here on the ground, the temp is 39 degrees, cloudy. My spyder is still in hibernation until next weekend( depending on the weather my spyder might come out of hibernation).
I am getting spyder fever.

It is great to hear that people are getting there spyders out of hibernation. Everyone have a safe riding season! Let the spyder riding season begin:yes:.

Deanna

RICZ
03-30-2019, 11:26 AM
Here's a tip for that first start out of hibernation. About an hour prior to starting, place a room heater with a fan in it near the engine. That will warm the oil, the engine, the starter and the battery for an easier first start.

Deanna777
03-30-2019, 11:33 AM
Here's a tip for that first start out of hibernation. About an hour prior to starting, place a room heater with a fan in it near the engine. That will warm the oil, the engine, the starter and the battery for an easier first start.My spyder is at a dealership( from Oct. to April).
Deanna

Lew L
03-30-2019, 11:51 AM
Here's a tip for that first start out of hibernation. About an hour prior to starting, place a room heater with a fan in it near the engine. That will warm the oil, the engine, the starter and the battery for an easier first start.

I think that's a great trip and I've been doing it for years. Can't hurt.
Lew L

bluewoo
03-30-2019, 12:04 PM
I have an attached garage so she cozy and always ready to go.

I only store my lawn equipment/snow blower never my motorcycles and now the spyder. Just a battery tender..................

Now if the weather would get its act together:pray:

Maybe Wednesday is looking better:ohyea:

ARtraveler
03-30-2019, 12:29 PM
My driveway is down to the final 15 feet. I am going to give it a try today. I will post the results.

al0vely
03-30-2019, 06:54 PM
I put my snowblower in the summer storage shed a couple of weeks ago - and it has decided to snow today. It was 64 yesterday and rained most of today until a couple of hours ago - the ground is covered :banghead:.

It would be nice to test out my new windshield someday soon :sour:

PrairieSpyder
03-31-2019, 08:13 AM
I got mine out of hibernation about a week ago. It winters in the back yard with the battery out, put some rat poison on the seat and cover it up.

Then yesterday we had snow flurries! It was just above freezing, though and didn't last long.

Off to Louisiana tomorrow!

jbim
04-02-2019, 09:32 PM
I got mine out of hibernation about a week ago. It winters in the back yard with the battery out, put some rat poison on the seat and cover it up.

Then yesterday we had snow flurries! It was just above freezing, though and didn't last long.

Off to Louisiana tomorrow!

Excuse my ignorance, rats are known to eat which parts of our beloved Spyder?

ottawa-rider
04-02-2019, 09:35 PM
Electrical wires for one thing.

Apparently, the sheathing is made from some byproduct of soy bean.

jbim
04-02-2019, 09:41 PM
Thanks, obviously not good. Do people use poison when bike is stored in garage?

Thanks

PrairieSpyder
04-03-2019, 08:24 AM
Excuse my ignorance, rats are known to eat which parts of our beloved Spyder?

Electrical wires for one thing.

Apparently, the sheathing is made from some byproduct of soy bean.

They might also chew up the seat cushions.

If you've seen evidence of vermin in your garage or house, I would. But, IMHO, if you come and go through the garage frequently, they will probably find another place to be.

RICZ
04-03-2019, 12:06 PM
Mothballs are also a rodent deterrent. Since they evaporate, ya gotta replenish from time to time.

ndspyderlover
04-03-2019, 12:27 PM
I just got my spyder out of storage. I also store mine at the local spyder dealer. Moorhead Marine. \.