PDA

View Full Version : Anti-lock brake (ABS) on 2011 Twin Manual Shift RT.

daz
03-30-2019, 07:32 AM
I believe all three brake lines come together from their respective caliper and meet at the ABS junction box under the bike. I believe there is a bleeding valve at the box.

Can I just take off the reservoir caps and open that bleeder valve to bleed the ABS system? While keeping the reservoir full. Letting fluid drip out of the junction box.

I would have bled all the calipers first so the system was mostly clean fluid.

Chupaca
03-30-2019, 11:28 AM
But I believe you have to hook up to the BUDS system to operate the valving in that box as it controls the percentage of pressure to the front and rear callipers. The VCM and the VSS are involved in the whole system Others that have done brake bleeding should come along and better tell you the best way to do it yourself....:thumbup: I just drain the system and the calipers

daz
03-30-2019, 01:21 PM
Well Chupac I've bled the system. I have one of those deals where you have brake when you put your foot on the pedal BUT next time you touch the pedal you have a higher pedal. I'd like to get a higher, firm pedal on the first push.
Kinda reminds me of driving some of the old cars.

How about one of those 'speed bleeders'?

bluewoo
03-31-2019, 08:27 AM
I always let gravity do the work because I'm always working by myself. Now with ABS it makes it very complicated and you need to follow a bleeding procedure and BRP needs the BUDDS.

I would check for run out on the rotors as they can actually push the pad back just a little and cause the symptoms your stating.

My 2002 Hayabusa has this issue and one rotor was bad.

Good luck!!!!

bluewoo
03-31-2019, 08:48 AM
https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?49093-Brake-Bleeding

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-31-2019, 10:11 AM
But I believe you have to hook up to the BUDS system to operate the valving in that box as it controls the percentage of pressure to the front and rear callipers. The VCM and the VSS are involved in the whole system Others that have done brake bleeding should come along and better tell you the best way to do it yourself....:thumbup: I just drain the system and the calipers

:ohyea:..... However the amount of fluid in the ABS is soooooooooooooooooo small, if you don't bleed that, it's less than 1% of the new amount of fluid. So you decide 100% new fluid vs. 99-% of fluid. ….Not worth it IMHO …… Mike :ohyea: