PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Caravan to Hollywood

Diggittt
06-21-2009, 09:53 PM
For those of you that will be traveling to the Hollywood this Friday via the 99 & 5 south bound highways I thought maybe some would like to caravan over the grapevine together. I will be coming down the 99 south from Bakersfield. Let me know if you are interested in traveling together so we can schedule a time and place to meet.:2thumbs:

Diggittt

redviper01
06-21-2009, 10:46 PM
what time are you going to leave?

SpyderGirl
06-22-2009, 12:15 AM
FYI.......

7AM - Sacramento group departs from 11379 Pyrites Way, Rancho Cordova
7:15AM - East Bay group departs from Kohl's parking lot in Pleasant Hil
9:00AM - Sacramento and East Bay group meet at Pilot truck stop off I-5 at Highway 33 near Gustine / Santa Nella
9:15AM - Depart Gustine / Santa Nella
10:45AM - Arrive at 33190 Hubert Way, Kettleman City (Valero Gas Station)
***LUNCH***
11:15AM - Depart Kettleman City
12:45PM - NorCal Group meet up with Central Valley riders coming down Highway 99 at TA truck stop at 5800 N Wheeler Ridge in Arvin
1:00PM - Depart Arvin / Wheeler Ridge
2:30PM - Arrive in Hollywood

Please feel free to join up with us to depart near Arvin off Highway 99 by 1PM on Friday to caravan down. :)

Happy Spydering and see you all Friday!!!

Diggittt
06-22-2009, 09:48 AM
what time are you going to leave?

I am planning on leaving at round 12:00 and looking over Spydergirl's itinerary we would be able to meet her and others for the ride over.

Diggittt

Diggittt
06-22-2009, 09:50 AM
FYI.......

7AM - Sacramento group departs from 11379 Pyrites Way, Rancho Cordova
7:15AM - East Bay group departs from Kohl's parking lot in Pleasant Hil
9:00AM - Sacramento and East Bay group meet at Pilot truck stop off I-5 at Highway 33 near Gustine / Santa Nella
9:15AM - Depart Gustine / Santa Nella
10:45AM - Arrive at 33190 Hubert Way, Kettleman City (Valero Gas Station)
***LUNCH***
11:15AM - Depart Kettleman City
12:45PM - NorCal Group meet up with Central Valley riders coming down Highway 99 at TA truck stop at 5800 N Wheeler Ridge in Arvin
1:00PM - Depart Arvin / Wheeler Ridge
2:30PM - Arrive in Hollywood

Please feel free to join up with us to depart near Arvin off Highway 99 by 1PM on Friday to caravan down. :)

Happy Spydering and see you all Friday!!!

Spydergirl it sounds like a plan. I will get on the road about 12:00 so I will see you at the truck stop....

Diggittt

Diggittt
06-22-2009, 09:51 AM
I am planning on leaving at round 12:00 and looking over Spydergirl's itinerary we would be able to meet her and others for the ride over.

Diggittt

Viper you want to meet at the same place as we did last time at 12:00? The Denny's off the White Lane exit.

Digg

csmead
06-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Viper you want to meet at the same place as we did last time at 12:00? The Denny's off the White Lane exit.

Digg

Watching your posts, you do realize that it is supposed to be over 100 degrees on Friday? We are thinking of leaving earlier but will keep in touch. There are 2 more leaving from Lemoore on Friday but they are thinking of driving over to the coast to pick up another spyderryder and drive down the coastal route.

....I gotta get out of this place, if its the last thing I ever do

Fresno ryder? How many in your group? What time are you leaving Fresno and I assume you will go straight through 99?

Roaddog2
06-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Watching your posts, you do realize that it is supposed to be over 100 degrees on Friday? We are thinking of leaving earlier but will keep in touch. There are 2 more leaving from Lemoore on Friday but they are thinking of driving over to the coast to pick up another spyderryder and drive down the coastal route.

Fresno ryder? How many in your group? What time are you leaving Fresno and I assume you will go straight through 99?Keep your Chocolate Biscotti cool and fresh at all times :2thumbs:

csmead
06-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Keep your Chocolate Biscotti cool and fresh at all times :2thumbs:

...chill :spyder:
I plan on freezing it and keeping it portable ice chest. This way if I break down, I can survive several days on water and chocolate.

NancysToy
06-22-2009, 01:56 PM
[quote=csmead;112258...I plan on freezing it and keeping it portable ice chest. This way if I break down, I can survive several days on water and chocolate.[/quote]
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Everybody should have a good backup plan.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

SpyderGirl
06-22-2009, 02:09 PM
...chill :spyder:
I plan on freezing it and keeping it portable ice chest. This way if I break down, I can survive several days on water and chocolate.

Sounds good to me.

You are all invited to meet up with us at these places and times. The more the merrier.

Every one stay nice and hydrated for the trip. We'll have our hydration packs on. :)

csmead
06-22-2009, 05:21 PM
For those of you that will be traveling to the Hollywood this Friday via the 99 & 5 south bound highways I thought maybe some would like to caravan over the grapevine together. I will be coming down the 99 south from Bakersfield. Let me know if you are interested in traveling together so we can schedule a time and place to meet.:2thumbs:

Diggittt

Anyone else leaving from Central CA/Fresno, Kings or Tulare Co?

Diggittt
06-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Anyone else leaving from Central CA/Fresno, Kings or Tulare Co?\

I am waiting to hear from Viper he is coming from Fresno.

Diggittt

Diggittt
06-22-2009, 10:54 PM

Fresno ryder? How many in your group? What time are you leaving Fresno and I assume you will go straight through 99?

Csmead remember it is cooler up on the grapevine than it is down here in the valley...

Diggittt

csmead
06-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Csmead remember it is cooler up on the grapevine than it is down here in the valley...

Diggittt

looking forward to it...still gotta get out of here. We are still waiting to hear from the other Lemorons as to what route they are taking. We were thinking of taking a charge at the 'vine, stopping for lunch after Magic Mountain around where there is the Wood Bros place, In and Out, etc. We should be able to watch for 'pods' of spyderryders and join in if we don't leave with the other Lemorons. Not sure I am into driving over to the coast first, that would make it a 7-9 hr drive day. Too many other fun things to do!

Diggittt
06-22-2009, 11:34 PM
looking forward to it...still gotta get out of here. We are still waiting to hear from the other Lemorons as to what route they are taking. We were thinking of taking a charge at the 'vine, stopping for lunch after Magic Mountain around where there is the Wood Bros place, In and Out, etc. We should be able to watch for 'pods' of spyderryders and join in if we don't leave with the other Lemorons. Not sure I am into driving over to the coast first, that would make it a 7-9 hr drive day. Too many other fun things to do!

Well let us know if you are going to make it for the time stop so we know to look for you or not...

Diggittt

csmead
06-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Well let us know if you are going to make it for the time stop so we know to look for you or not...

Diggittt

Tuesday night and no Spyder. If you read my blog about brake failure, that says it all. I am definately not riding with the coast group, I won't even get my bike back until Thursday night....if I get my bike. And because if this, we won't be replacing the back tire until after I get back. I don't want anyone to wait for us, we won't know anything until late Thursday. Just ride with the wind, we will find you.

Diggittt
06-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Tuesday night and no Spyder. If you read my blog about brake failure, that says it all. I am definately not riding with the coast group, I won't even get my bike back until Thursday night....if I get my bike. And because if this, we won't be replacing the back tire until after I get back. I don't want anyone to wait for us, we won't know anything until late Thursday. Just ride with the wind, we will find you.

Will do Carol but I will check this thread up in until I leave Friday just in case.... Ride safe and I hope to meet you sometime this weekend....

Diggittt (Phil)

Diggittt
06-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Due to the Hot Rod gathering at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank tomorrow night there has been an alternative meeting place set. Here is the link to the information. http://westcoastspyder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=349

Diggittt