PDA

View Full Version : Spyderfest and accessory installation, schedule, etc.

gianfri
03-28-2019, 07:40 AM
Hello, I am planning to attend Spyderfest. It will be my first one, and I am a newbie Spyder rider. I am trying to understand what to expect. Will there be a daily schedule or are people left on their own? How about the option to have accessories installed by the vendors? Should I decide ahead of time if I want something installed and let the vendor know (sort of "making a reservation")? Anything else I should know?

Thank you for any information you can share!

Trbayth
03-28-2019, 07:51 AM
If there's something specific you know you want now, it's best to contact the vendor ahead of time and ask if they're accepting reservations (some don't, some aren't yet.)

PrairieSpyder
03-28-2019, 08:07 AM
Hello, I am planning to attend Spyderfest. It will be my first one, and I am a newbie Spyder rider. I am trying to understand what to expect. Will there be a daily schedule or are people left on their own? How about the option to have accessories installed by the vendors? Should I decide ahead of time if I want something installed and let the vendor know (sort of "making a reservation")? Anything else I should know?

Thank you for any information you can share!

Yes there will be a rally schedule available. You'll get a copy when you check in. It will probably be on the web-site in advance. Just come on and plan to have lots of fun with a few hundred of your closest friends!

Most, if not all, the vendors will install what they sell. They try to give you an idea of how long before they can start, as it's often a first-come-first-served deal.

If you know for sure what you want to buy, let the vendors know before hand. They don't always carry 100% of their inventory with them. So let them know so they'll have your item on hand. Or . . order it ahead and bring it with you to be installed.

gianfri
03-28-2019, 08:41 AM
Yes there will be a rally schedule available. You'll get a copy when you check in. It will probably be on the web-site in advance. Just come on and plan to have lots of fun with a few hundred of your closest friends!

Most, if not all, the vendors will install what they sell. They try to give you an idea of how long before they can start, as it's often a first-come-first-served deal.

If you know for sure what you want to buy, let the vendors know before hand. They don't always carry 100% of their inventory with them. So let them know so they'll have your item on hand. Or . . order it ahead and bring it with you to be installed.

This is helpful. Are there special prices for the rally attendees?

DGoebel
03-28-2019, 09:03 AM
Gianfri, There will be group rides as well as very well planned and documented do it yourself rides, we've done and VERY much enjoyed both. Vendors that we knew about before going down did let us pre-schedule most of our installs around the group rides, and we did get discounted prices on some, but most vendors had Spyderfest special pricing on their products or services. Even in a rainy year that we went we enjoyed it tremendously, met SOOOOO many nice folks from all over. And did get to enjoy some great scenic rides.

SpyderAnn01
03-28-2019, 10:17 AM
This is helpful. Are there special prices for the rally attendees?

Many vendors have special pricing at the events.

Mazo EMS2
03-28-2019, 07:21 PM
I've been to several, and have never been able to make a "reservation" for an install. You decide what you want, then get on an install list and leave your cell phone number. Sometimes you can waste an entire day at vendor village....hopefully it'll be a rainy day. It's convenient and a pain in the butt all at once. You'll likely spend double what you're planning to spend. It's all there, if ya want it.

scooterexpress
03-29-2019, 05:48 AM
just remember to bring plenty of cash or credit because when you see ev1 bike your gonna be sayin I want that!!lol

gianfri
03-29-2019, 07:40 AM
just remember to bring plenty of cash or credit because when you see ev1 bike your gonna be sayin I want that!!lol

Or maybe that is a good reason to LEAVE the credit card at home!

Derhell
03-31-2019, 01:21 PM
Do they ever include install price with product price or free install? It’s my first time also

DGoebel
03-31-2019, 01:23 PM
Some of mine were install included, some weren't, that's pretty much dealer dependent. But some of the installs were WAAY beyond my technical skills so was worth it.

sealfloorboards
04-03-2019, 11:26 AM
SEAL FLOORBOARDS has always included the install price in the Floorboard price (no charge to install) Due to health reasons, I won"t be able to attend SpyderFest this year. However, if you want a set of Seals, contact me thru PM or email and I will take off the $45. shipping fee. that's more than my normal installation fee. My stock is good and i ship via FedEx. Even if you have BRP floorboards, my Seals will easily fit your Spyder. I Will miss you all this year.
Ride in comfort,
John

RLS Exhaust
04-03-2019, 01:44 PM
RLS Exhaust will be there and doing free installs on all exhaust and cat deletes

RLS Exhaust
04-03-2019, 11:01 PM
RLS Exhaust will be there and doing free installs on all exhaust and cat deletes