PDA

View Full Version : what happen to the brp connect app.

bgmy
03-26-2019, 11:55 PM
I cant find the brp connect app in the app store.

Highwayman2013
03-27-2019, 12:08 AM
It’s there.

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-27-2019, 09:17 AM
It’s there.
Just curious I looked for it. It appears to not be there this morning. I searched for BRP Connect. Maybe the app had a problem with the 20.8 update so they're having to fix it.

billybovine
03-27-2019, 09:22 AM
This came up yesterday already. But the poster added it to another thread instead of starting a new one.

I sent an email to BRP Care asking about it. No reply yet.

Phloid
03-27-2019, 11:43 AM
indeed, I see the error of my ways now.

As I updated in said thread https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?118430-BRP-Connect-Question, I have contacted BRP and they are aware of the problem and are looking into it. Apparently you can still get BRP Connect in the Apple Store however for unknown reasons, Google removed it from Playstore.

Here is the email follow up to my phone call:

Thank you for calling BRP and for bringing this issue to our attention.
We are investigating on the problem, and we found out that Google removed, temporary, the app from the store.
Apparently, the app is only available on Apple Store.
As soon as we have some updating we will let you know.
We do apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to contact us by replying to
this email or you can call us at 1.888.272.9222.

I will abandon the previous thread and post any updates I receive here in this thread.

billybovine
03-28-2019, 03:35 PM
Here is the reply I got today. Basically the same as Philoid got, but added will be back in a couple days.

Thanks for reaching out and making us aware.

After further investigation we were advised that the APP has been removed temporarily, however, will be back available in a couple of days.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please be sure to let us know by replying to this email or by calling us at 1-888-272-9222.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Have a good day,
Stephanie Hawkes,
Customer Service Representative

FalconAF
03-28-2019, 06:11 PM
I just got my 2018 RT Limited updated to version 20.80 today. Is there a new Apple app now, or does the previous one still work?

billybovine
03-28-2019, 06:15 PM
Same app. If the app does ever need updating. Your phone should do that automatically.

Phloid
03-30-2019, 09:53 AM
I see the app is back on Playstore. Reviews aren't promising. I have a Garmin Zumo 395LM that I'm very happy with. I just ordered the mount from Lamonster. I think I'll stick with the Zumo for now. I may look into BRP Connect if new features are added down the road.