PDA

View Full Version : Communicating with wife

poppajim
03-26-2019, 05:06 PM
Hello folks, I just want to pass something along . My wife rides a Can Am and I have a Goldwing, and I was looking for a way to communicate with her on our rides. I pondered a couple of ideas passed onto me but we ended up getting a pair of Sena 10S bluetooth headsets and they work great. Very clear! Now since I still wanted my cb,radio and gps on my bike I got a Sena Freewire which in turn turns my bike bluetooth. So far its working out nicely. I know there are couples out there in the same situation so I just wanted to pass that along. Ride Safe

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-26-2019, 09:56 PM
Hello folks, I just want to pass something along . My wife rides a Can Am and I have a Goldwing, and I was looking for a way to communicate with her on our rides. I pondered a couple of ideas passed onto me but we ended up getting a pair of Sena 10S bluetooth headsets and they work great. Very clear! Now since I still wanted my cb,radio and gps on my bike I got a Sena Freewire which in turn turns my bike bluetooth. So far its working out nicely. I know there are couples out there in the same situation so I just wanted to pass that along. Ride Safe
The Sena Freewire looks to be quite a good way to convert from wired to BT. The big downside for us Spyder RT ryders with BRP CB is there is no factory cable for the Spyder, only for HD and GW. I'm sure the HD cable could be modified, or an adapter made, so it could be used on a Spyder. If I ever move over to BT I'll give it a try to make an adapter.

Haikanko
03-27-2019, 02:02 AM
I have just ordered two of these to talk with my boy -totally not interested in the phone: music bit (when riding last thing I want is phone calls!!!!) https://www.banggood.com/fr/1000m-Motorcycle-Helmet-Intercom-BT-S2-Waterproof-For-Wired-Wirelessh-Helmet-p-997638.html?gmcCountry=FR&currency=EUR&createTmp=1&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_union&utm_content=2zou&utm_campaign=ssc-fr-all&gclid=CjwKCAjw1dzkBRBWEiwAROVDLN2Nt8dDenLl88HOoUaz s5olDwv8L2hTniKYyEkWOFa2nMLTDMI6NxoCls8QAvD_BwE&ID=47184&cur_warehouse=CN

Musashi
03-27-2019, 08:04 AM
Totally not the discussion I expected this to be. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-27-2019, 08:18 AM
Talk with the Missus?!? :yikes:
In my case: it would probably cause a divorce! :banghead:

2dogs
03-27-2019, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE=Bob Denman;1429724]Talk with the Missus?!? :yikes:
In my case: it would probably cause a divorce! :banghead:[/QUOTE

I just knew this was going to come up in this conversation, I could see it coming and my first guess was you Bob. LOL

Deanna777
03-27-2019, 10:14 AM
I have just ordered two of these to talk with my boy -totally not interested in the phone: music bit (when riding last thing I want is phone calls!!!!) https://www.banggood.com/fr/1000m-Motorcycle-Helmet-Intercom-BT-S2-Waterproof-For-Wired-Wirelessh-Helmet-p-997638.html?gmcCountry=FR¤cy=EUR&createTmp=1&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_union&utm_content=2zou&utm_campaign=ssc-fr-all&gclid=CjwKCAjw1dzkBRBWEiwAROVDLN2Nt8dDenLl88HOoUaz s5olDwv8L2hTniKYyEkWOFa2nMLTDMI6NxoCls8QAvD_BwE&ID=47184&cur_warehouse=CNHI, When I clicked on the link it is in French. Can you post the link in English?

Deanna

Deanna777
03-27-2019, 10:19 AM

HI,

I also have the Sena 10S Bluetooth headset. Works great. My significant other also has Sena 10S older model. We use them to communicate when we are on the sleds, and spyders. The range for them is about 1 mile.
Deanna

Haikanko
03-27-2019, 11:04 AM
HI, When I clicked on the link it is in French. Can you post the link in English?

Deanna

https://www.banggood.com/1000m-Motorcycle-Helmet-Intercom-BT-S2-Waterproof-For-Wired-Wirelessh-Helmet-p-997638.html?akmClientCountry=FR&gmcCountry=FR&createTmp=1&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_union&utm_content=2zou&utm_campaign=ssc-fr-all&gclid=CjwKCAjw1dzkBRBWEiwAROVDLN2Nt8dDenLl88HOoUaz s5olDwv8L2hTniKYyEkWOFa2nMLTDMI6NxoCls8QAvD_BwE&ID=47184&cur_warehouse=CN

Bob Denman
03-27-2019, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE=Bob Denman;1429724]Talk with the Missus?!? :yikes:
In my case: it would probably cause a divorce! :banghead:[/QUOTE

I just knew this was going to come up in this conversation, I could see it coming and my first guess was you Bob. LOL

:D

Motorcycledave
03-27-2019, 12:02 PM
The FREEWIRE from SENA works great I stock them at super discount price.
Ride Safe
Dave

poppajim
03-27-2019, 07:25 PM
I bought the Freewire just so I can keep my audio on my wing, we do are talking back and fouth through the intercom which is provided with the Sena 10S's . Very happy with how clear they are.
Ride Safe

2dogs
03-27-2019, 10:49 PM
[QUOTE=2dogs;1429736]

:D

Right on Bob. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Navvet
03-28-2019, 11:17 AM
My wife and I are in the same situation and we love our Sena's. Started using them when she started riding her own bike, helped with the learning curve phase. Now we just enjoy talking to each other as we travel.

Also, we rode the Dragon last fall, it was fun hearing her giggling like a school girl as we took the curves >>>>

Haikanko
04-04-2019, 07:11 AM
The BT-S2 intercoms/bluetooth/radio etc arrived today - and for the price WOW cannot fault them...... sorry the manual has very small diagrams so old eyes :)

AAbruzzese
04-04-2019, 08:40 AM
The BT-S2 intercoms/bluetooth/radio etc arrived today - and for the price WOW cannot fault them...... sorry the manual has very small diagrams so old eyes :)

I bought the same set BTS2, I like the gear but am still having minor issues with pairing and intercom, maybe it is virtual radio silence. Although I would like them to pair and act as intercom at a minimum.

poppajim
04-06-2019, 08:33 PM
I am still trying to figure something out. The headsets work great communicating between the 2 bikes. My problem is when I pair up to the Freewire on my Goldwing I lose her and I hear myself in my headset. I am going back and forth with Sena helpline but not still not working. They tell me to disable the sidetone and vox intercom features but its not happening. Hopeing to get on the phone and talk to someone. The headsets a crystal clear though.

Gwolf
04-21-2019, 01:56 PM
I have successfully avoided communicating with my wife, now ex-wife, for the past 37 years.