PDA

View Full Version : F3 Wndshield trim job

cobraswinger
03-26-2019, 11:33 AM
My brother wants to take about 3 inches from the top of his windshield due to being just a little bit too high. I am not sure of the after market windshield he has but I know it isn't stock. Has anyone altered the windshield and cut it down a bit ? Wondering if this is possible without making a mess and having to replace it.

WIDOWSSON
03-26-2019, 11:42 AM
My brother wants to take about 3 inches from the top of his windshield due to being just a little bit too high. I am not sure of the after market windshield he has but I know it isn't stock. Has anyone altered the windshield and cut it down a bit ? Wondering if this is possible without making a mess and having to replace it.

Cut for speaker cans to fit.

mcalva
03-26-2019, 12:50 PM
Look at this. I did with my Dakota 4.5 National Cycle windshield. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV0KZsxyz90
I remembred now. After finish the job aapply silicone oil to the freshly polished cut in order to looks transparent and not matt.

Chupaca
03-26-2019, 01:00 PM
Not a problem with some time and patience. The above video is the way to go but I have also done it with a dremel but you need a steady hand or you will be doing a lot of sanding....:roflblack:

WIDOWSSON
03-26-2019, 01:15 PM