PDA

View Full Version : BRP Touring Windshield / Comfort Seat Review

zzneonzz
06-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Well today I stopped by my Dealer who had the demo team in town and was serving up some awsome BBQ and they just so happened to have a SE5 with the Touring Windshield (23") and the Comfort Seat so I signed all the waiver and such and they took me on a 5 mile (20 Minute) ride and here is my opinion on the items.

The touring windshield is VERY nice it deflects all the air and it comes with Leg guards as well that keep the wind/heat off the legs. They had the 1" riser installed on the demo and the guards for the hands were perfect (don't think they would work with the Kewlmetal or NMN Risers) It was a very hot day here at 98 and with my visor up i still could not get enough airflow to keep me comfortable temperature wise. So for winter riding this shield is definately a good option.

Now on to the Comfort Seat. I currently have the Corbin on my spyder and while the comfort seat has a lot of padding (causing more bounce)it did not seem very comfortable to me. Once again your still sitting on it rather than in it and it raises you up a good 2"+ making the 1" riser bar setup a bit more difficult to ride in my opinion. For those on a strict budget the comfort seat may be right for you but if you can afford a bit more I would recomend one of the aftermarket seats like Corbin or Russell. Now granted I didn't get to use it for a long distance but my corbin was much more comfortable right out of the box.

And I must say after riding a fairly stock spyder I LOVE my mods LOL. I don't know how I ever rode without my Risers/Grips after todays short ride.