PDA

View Full Version : which one would you pick?

Mikey
03-24-2019, 06:44 AM
Looking at the Sena communicator's again, already have the s10, will say they work pretty good but not as good as I thought they would. very clunky going from music to talk. thinking about upgrading this year and wanted to ask the question, evos20, 30K? What are your thoughts on the two makes and give me the goods and bads!! Thank you for your time!

Darren111
03-24-2019, 06:55 AM
Hi Mickey, have you considered the Sena 10C Pro?

Mikey
03-24-2019, 07:03 AM
Not really looking for the camera part of that unit, just want to talk and play some tunes and have the whole works mesh together better than the S10. But thank you for the idea!

hypurone
03-24-2019, 09:06 AM
Looking at the Sena communicator's again, already have the s10, will say they work pretty good but not as good as I thought they would. very clunky going from music to talk. thinking about upgrading this year and wanted to ask the question, evos20, 30K? What are your thoughts on the two makes and give me the goods and bads!! Thank you for your time!

You really ought to be talking to MotorcycleDave about this! He is a major player/vendor in the Sena arena.... He is a vendor here (goes by MotorcycleDave) and has a web presence as well:
http://www.motorcycledave.com/

JS3535
03-24-2019, 09:32 AM
I would downgrade to the SMH10. That’s what I have with a boom mic & it’s easy to work & works great. Sometimes simpler is better.

JKMSPYDER
03-24-2019, 09:58 AM
I had the SMH10 for about 4 years. It was good, but I upgraded to the 20S Evo last year. Very happy with it!

Highwayman2013
03-24-2019, 10:19 AM
Not sure what's clunky. You hit the big button once and you get intercom. You hold the big button for 2 beeps you get music. I have the 20S with the Music until you talk option but it sucks if you like to sing along, (goes to intercom). So it is set to work like the SMH 10 now. Maybe a handlebar remote would help.

RapidSpyder
03-24-2019, 10:39 AM
Agree with posts above. Very satisfied with mine too. Decent range too as long as there’s line of sight.

Deanna777
03-24-2019, 10:54 AM
I have the Sena 10S Bluetooth unit and SMH 10 head set, for 3 years. I use it for the motorcycle, and the sled.

I like both of them, but I have not used the Sena blue tooth transmitter.

Deanna

Motorcycledave
03-24-2019, 12:41 PM
You must have your head set in the VOX mode so it keys the mic when you talk, turn that off and you can sing along all day
and when you want to talk just touch the button on the unit... or use the remote if yo have one if not I have them.
Ride Safe
Dave

Not sure what's clunky. You hit the big button once and you get intercom. You hold the big button for 2 beeps you get music. I have the 20S with the Music until you talk option but it sucks if you like to sing along, (goes to intercom). So it is set to work like the SMH 10 now. Maybe a handlebar remote would help.

Motorcycledave
03-24-2019, 12:43 PM
Give me a call I will be happy to help you with your choice, I can give you options.
Open 7 days a week 9:00AM to 8:00PM Pacific time. I am in California
Dave
209-887-3283

hypurone
03-24-2019, 04:11 PM
I am in California

Still trying to get well enough to make that ryde and see what you have going on over there!! ;)

Mikey
03-25-2019, 06:28 AM
Thank you one and all for all your thoughts and reply's! I was hoping more people that are using the 30k's would pipe in and tell me if they liked them. One thing I have found out in the last year using them on the bike and sled is that the mic's are very touchy and wind is not your friend. Got to be some tricks to protect the mic from stray wind, I've got to work on this!!!! Thanks again every one!

jfl330
03-25-2019, 07:51 AM
My wife and I use the 10S's and love them. Range is not quite a mile as advertised, but plenty far enough for normal use. Plus, since linked to cell phone, couple of button pushes and you make cell call with unlimited distance. As long as we keep the mic's up behind the face shield, wind noise is not a problem.
Got the dual pak kit for $285 on Amazon, good deal.