PDA

View Full Version : Spyder home

JeffandLori
03-24-2019, 06:18 AM
Finally got my new spyder home. Won't be hijacking Falcons thread anymore. :D Took Thursday off work just to get it as weekend appointments were booked way out already. Kind of a rush driving for the first time, no practice just hit the roads and had green lights all the way to the divided four lane which was about 20 miles from home. I'll admit had almost in the pants moment when at 60 miles an hour the first s curves it turned and then it didn't as my tire went over the paint on the shoulder. Steep learning curve for me on turning this thing. Got home, rode some more. Got off work early and rode some more Friday. I have found myself driving way over the speed I should be and that is creating some of the turning issues I have. Getting used to it now after Saturday riding. I have put about 225 miles on it now.
Oh just for a fun note, went to a spring sale for gear. Wife got a Shuberth helmet and apparently I get my choice between an ace bandage or a burger king paper crown.

Little Blue
03-24-2019, 06:24 AM
:coffee: Nice choice on the Spyder. Enjoy your Time and Always RYDE SAFE....:thumbup:

grieppc
03-24-2019, 06:57 AM
you are funny and thanks for the pics

Chupaca
03-24-2019, 09:44 AM
Sounds like you had a fun time getting home and getting the hang of the spyder ryde....nice choice...:2thumbs: most start slow and work their way up on the speed chart but looks like your going for it. Enjoy the miles of smiles and be safe out there....:thumbup:

ARtraveler
03-24-2019, 01:10 PM
:congrats:

FalconAF
03-24-2019, 02:08 PM
:2thumbs:

No problem with hijacking my newbie thread. I never felt that way about it. And now you can come out of that fetal position holed up in your bedroom waiting for all that snow to melt. Have Fun and Ride Safe!

PS - I hope you chose the Burger King Paper Crown. They're a lot cooler looking than the Ace Bandage. :shemademe_smilie:

Mazo EMS2
03-24-2019, 03:08 PM
Glad to hear ya got it home in one piece!! Bring it "down the hill" this week and we'll check out those couple things you emailed me about. Maybe we'll swap and compare setups. Then we can talk farkles........LOL...
Rick

gkamer
03-24-2019, 05:18 PM
Wife got a Shuberth helmet and apparently I get my choice between an ace bandage or a burger king paper crown.

Opt for the Burger King paper crown. At least you can grab a Whooper while you're there.

JeffandLori
03-29-2019, 04:40 AM
Well Wednesday was to be the first day in the 60's here. Somehow my wife and I found ourselves on the spyder at 3:30. We were able to ride for two hours and put 60 plus miles on. You might say that is not a lot of miles but we rode 90% backroads with no paint stripes on. Many of which I have never been on despite being so close to home. Still a lot of sand from winter traction as it hasn't rained much here yet. We did see this eagle by the Blue Mounds state park. He got a bit nervous when we stopped so he isn't sitting upright and all majestic like we found him. Have to work Saturday and traveling next week so the spyder will just get her first bath this weekend.

starrider60
03-30-2019, 02:45 PM
Keep riding. You'll love it when you get accustomed to it. Took me about 1,000 miles to become relaxed. Just keep riding :doorag:

d.o.spyder-rts
03-30-2019, 11:00 PM
:congrats:on your spyder and :welcome: to the spyder web. Dale