PDA

View Full Version : bestest

4 MARIE
03-22-2019, 05:45 PM
Today was my best day of 2019. I dusted off the RT, took it off the battery tender.
It fired up like it had not been winterized. And we went for a little spin. Only about 100 miles
roundtrip. I have been so sick and weak, and useless, that although it doesn't sound like much,
it was a big deal for me. 62 degrees, slight breeze, light traffic, two lane blacktop. It couldn't
have been sweeeter.
Weather is supposed to roll in again tonight, so I had to get this done. I am plenty tired
after my little adventure, but it was worth it. Especially since in February was unsure if
I would ever ryde again. I should think about a warmer climate, but the older you get
the harder it is to move. Especially since I have neighbors I could not replace, that carried me through
this rough patch.
My best day of 2019 so far. I hope you have all had one of those too.

CopperSpyder
03-22-2019, 05:56 PM
Then that makes it my best day just to hear it was yours!! :yes::yes::yes::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

cdakers
03-22-2019, 06:22 PM
Your post today could have been written about my day as well. I'm 57, in bad health and have had a left leg amputation at the hip. Did the same as you in taking the battery off life support and firing it up for the first time since October. Temps here a bit southwest of St. Louis were pretty much identical, and my ride was also just over 100 miles. Rural two lane blacktop. Yes, it was sweet. Just what I needed. Glad your day meant so much to you. Mine did too. Here's to more to come!

ARtraveler
03-22-2019, 06:23 PM
:yes: :yes: :yes:

Chupaca
03-22-2019, 07:19 PM
Glad all the stars lined up and gave you this first of many rydes to get you over the hump and looking onward. Hope the weather blows by and you are out there on longer trips...:roflblack::yes:

jdmartin
03-22-2019, 07:42 PM
I'm glade both of you got the chance to ride. I'm 75 and rode to lunch yesterday 120 miles round trip in the country and enjoyed every minute. We need to try and remember what's truly important. I'm happy your back in the saddle.

Revalden
03-22-2019, 10:45 PM
Management and I also went for a ride today in 71 degree weather. But first I rode into Tulsa to the dealership service dept. and paid them to pull my head outta my ass. Frunk wouldn't open, I just hate it when the "Senior Moments" start getting consecutive. BOTTOM of key points to seat or frunk. :banghead::banghead:

Little Blue
03-23-2019, 09:43 AM
:coffee: YES, the warmer weather is coming. Enjoy your Time and Always RYDE SAFE....:thumbup: