PDA

View Full Version : No joy in Mudville! (Lecanto)

Dragracer
03-22-2019, 04:24 PM
Well, my Ryker experience has taken a downturn.

On Wednesday, I rode about 5 miles to a meeting. Stopped at a stop light about 1/2 way there, and the Ryker started idling very rough. I tried giving it some throttle, and I turned on the CEL and it went into limp mode. Then it died. I had to let it reset before it would restart. Made it to the meeting and back home with no other problems. Yesterday, rode it about 20 miles to another meeting. It had a very rough idle everytime I stopped. Again, it died at a stop light and it took a couple of minutes before it would restart. Today, I went to the garage and started it. Seemed to be running normally, then started idling very rough again. The CEL came on, and it ran rougher, then died. Now, if it starts, it feels like it's running on 1 cylinder, and won't stay running.

Called my dealer, and received instructions that I needed to roll the throttle forward, and let it go before it would start. Took a minute, but I finally convinced the dealer I knew you had to do that. I let him listen to it over the phone, and he said they'd come pick it up in the morning! :(

The wife and I were planning to ride tomorrow, but I guess I'll be welding on the trailer instead! Mine is the 900.

canamjhb
03-22-2019, 04:45 PM
Hope it is something simple and quick to fix. Keep us posted and good luck..... Jim

Chupaca
03-22-2019, 04:53 PM
Nice they will come get it as they should but tough as you have no "N" to where you can rev it up and clear it's throat. Hope its an easy fix and you will let us know what they find. We need to build up some data on the new ryker to help others if they incur the same problem...:bowdown:)

ARtraveler
03-22-2019, 06:34 PM
Let us know what happened, and what the dealer says. :popcorn:

Dragracer
03-23-2019, 06:20 PM
Joy has returned to Mudville! Shop found a bad coil, #2 I believe. They didn't have a coil in stock yet, so they took one off another new unit. Took it out just now, and it runs GREAT!

I'd like to give a shout out to Barneys Motorcycle of Brooksville, Fl. Mike told me yesterday they'd be here around 10-11 to pick up the Ryker. The trailer was in my driveway at 9:00am. They called me around 2 to let me know it was ready. I had a commitment in Orlando, so Mike had the bike trailered back to my house and dropped off. Barneys is about 30 miles south of me! They also had to adjust the plastic panels as the glove box was hitting the plastic trim under the handlebars and not closing properly. They did a great job on the adjustment also.

ARtraveler
03-23-2019, 06:46 PM
The dealers who will cannibalize another bike to fix a customers bad one, are few and far between. That is called customer service. :firstplace:

My dealer did that in 2009 when we had a computer glitch with the 09 RS.

BajaRon
03-23-2019, 07:18 PM
:agree:

Commendable!

canamjhb
03-23-2019, 08:57 PM
Thank you for the update. Knowing who the good guys are is good for all of us and their business. They deserve it...... Jim