PDA

View Full Version : The “2019 Where Did You Ride Today” Thread

LeftCoast
03-16-2019, 05:56 PM
Hi all,

Well it was 75 here in NorCal today and a beautiful day for riding. As I was coming home from Tilden Park/Grizzly Peak I started thinking and hoping that all the states that have had a brutal winter would thaw soon and folks could finally get on their bykes again. Then I thought it might be fun to have a thread you could share your ride as your Spyders exit their hibernation or a place to post your rides when you get out. There may be one of these threads already so I cheated and labeled mine 2019. :yes: Share if so inclined!

Here are 2 pics. One looking towards San Francisco and the other of the Carousel in Tilden Park. That one is special because my parents used to take me there when I was a 3-4 year old. That was a long time ago. :bowdown:

It’s been renovated lol. “Back in the day” it was an old wood structure that if you rode one of the horses on the outside edge you could grab a brass ring out of some dispenser every time you went around and try to throw it through a clowns mouth that was painted on the wall. They don’t let you do THAT anymore!

AeroPilot
03-16-2019, 06:52 PM
170036 Short ryde but maybe more later...Got the oil temps up and checked the air pressures and oil when we got back after about 20 myles of smyles!

CJ.RamMan
03-16-2019, 08:03 PM
We rode in the Snake Saturday parade in North Kansas City today. Sixteen Spyders from the Kansas City Spyder Ryders showed up to represent. It was a good time. It was a bit chilly riding in this morning though with temps in the high mid 20's.

bluewoo
03-16-2019, 08:24 PM
To Connellsville yesterday in the high wind and 70 degrees.

Today just down the road in flurries.nojoke

ARtraveler
03-16-2019, 09:27 PM
Give me a couple weeks and then I will be able to report something. :popcorn:

RICZ
03-16-2019, 10:44 PM
Did the farthest ride so far today, not far, just across the city. It gets better each time. Now I feel as though I am steering the Spyder and not just aiming it. Also getting used to the motions I find strange after 67 years on two wheels.