PDA

View Full Version : When it's 31*f nd sunny in MN

KenInMN
03-16-2019, 04:11 PM
Perfect for the first ride! 40 miles. Larger windshield is perfect. Legs/feet were a bit cool but not anything that would stop me from riding further.

PW2013STL
03-16-2019, 05:19 PM
Take hart Ken.

Looking like 50 next Saturday. Did not take ours out yet, but next Saturday - watch out!

Les

bluewoo
03-16-2019, 08:31 PM
Yesterday 70 and very windy -I still rode it...Held on for dear life……….Today flurries :sour: Love Pa weather in the spring!

Deanna777
03-17-2019, 10:58 AM
We still have snow up here in Vermont, I wont ride until the snow is gone and the salt is off the roads.

I am so over with winter.Winter up here in the northeast has been very long!
Deanna

SmoothE
03-17-2019, 11:27 AM
Nice bike! I am getting a Ryker in a couple of weeks and I live in MN. I was told you should wait until the snow is gone because of road salt and sand. I am new to biking this will be my first experience of having a motorcycle/3-Wheel. I've just always loved the Spyders since they came out. I took the 3 Wheel class last year and getting my permit in next 3 weeks. I live in Minneapolis.

PW2013STL
03-17-2019, 11:42 AM
Nice bike! I am getting a Ryker in a couple of weeks and I live in MN. I was told you should wait until the snow is gone because of road salt and sand. I am new to biking this will be my first experience of having a motorcycle/3-Wheel. I've just always loved the Spyders since they came out. I took the 3 Wheel class last year and getting my permit in next 3 weeks. I live in Minneapolis.

Congrats on joining the 3 wheel club. You will need to post a picture of your Ryker we you get it.
As for riding new- unless the DOT drops more chemical down what was there has been washed of the roads after the last rain. Sand doesn't effect our reverse trikes like it does a two wheel bike.

ARtraveler
03-17-2019, 01:24 PM
Good to see these early ride reports. I am getting eager. Probably a couple more weeks. But...I will let you all know. :yes:

KenInMN
03-17-2019, 02:30 PM

I highly recommend St Boni Motor Sports when you get ready to buy. And yeah, all of that rain has already taken care of the salt. Sand is always there once you get out of cities. Not as much of an issue for trikes as 2 wheels. Always have to use your head when riding anyway.

SpyderChief
03-17-2019, 03:06 PM
What brand and sizr]e is that nice windshield?

toolie
03-17-2019, 03:36 PM
Did it make for a quieter ride

KenInMN
03-18-2019, 05:47 AM
What brand and size is that nice windshield?

Show Chrome Accessories. 12" taller, 9" wider and about 3" lower on the bottom.
Amazon, Big Bike Parts and several others carry it. https://www.amazon.com/Show-Chrome-Accessories-20-401-Windshield/dp/B07659FY8N/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_2?keywords=show+chrome+accessori es+can+am+windshield&qid=1552905731&s=gateway&sr=8-2-fkmrnull

Did it make for a quieter ride

Didn't ride much over a mile with the stock one on. But yeah, it's allot more quite. Able to hear radio on the Interstate at 70.