PDA

View Full Version : Kuryakyn Footpegs fitted in Aus

rosej
06-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi all,

Decided we needed more comfort in the footpeg area and I manufactured an extension bracket for the rear pegs, fitted the Kewlmetal highway peg mounts, and finished off with Kuryakyn pegs all round.
The rear extensions are made from heavy wall aluminium tube and were bent on a tube bender. This allowed two fixing points.

I have also fitted Kuryakyn Grips and these are wonderful for decreasing the vibration and having somewhere to secure helmets to.

Turned our quite well!

irish2themax
06-20-2009, 07:16 AM
:2thumbs: Good job

Bersquack
06-20-2009, 07:57 AM
:2thumbs: Nice work!

gazey
06-25-2009, 07:38 AM
Hi from Hobart. I like your work :2thumbs:
I would like some hwy pegs for my machine. Did you make your own brackets or buy after market stuff.
Any info or pics on how you have done yours would be appreciated :bowdown:

Capt John
06-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Looks sharp:2thumbs:

rosej
07-04-2009, 05:59 AM
Hi from Hobart. I like your work :2thumbs:
I would like some hwy pegs for my machine. Did you make your own brackets or buy after market stuff.
Any info or pics on how you have done yours would be appreciated :bowdown:
Hi,
I used the Kewl metal brackets for the highway pegs as they are much stronger than the others available.

What the highway pegs do bring to the fore is that a handbrake is desperately needed as it is slow to get back to the main pegs to brake.
I am currently doing some work on this and should have some results in a month or two.

The passenger peg extenders I manufactured myself.
If you need any more info, drop me an email, only too pleased to help.

regards,
John

sledhead
05-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi,
I used the Kewl metal brackets for the highway pegs as they are much stronger than the others available.

What the highway pegs do bring to the fore is that a handbrake is desperately needed as it is slow to get back to the main pegs to brake.
I am currently doing some work on this and should have some results in a month or two.

The passenger peg extenders I manufactured myself.
If you need any more info, drop me an email, only too pleased to help.

regards,
John

Hey John...
I am curious how hard it was to make those passenger extenders??? Do you have a plan that you followed.
I would love if you could forward me some info..
Thanks in advance.