PDA

View Full Version : Last weekend's Chattanooga Journey in 4 parts. ((PART 2))

Greg H.
06-19-2009, 04:01 PM
We arrived in Chattanooga around 4:00 Sat. afternoon. The RiverBend Musicfest was still going on. So, finding a place to stay wasn’t so easy. J But, we did! And, it was really cool! “The Chattanooga Choo-Choo” Hotel (Holiday Inn). We got a room for 2 nights. And, for me, there was an additional bonus! ‘The Terminal Brewhouse’ was right next door. They have been in business since Jan. ’09. And, they brew some really nice beers. And, have a very good food menu. Their Hefe-Weizen was a good start after the long ride in. Over the 2 days, I also very much enjoyed the IPA, and Maibock Ales. Jean loved their Belgian Wit beer.
The Choo-Choo has good security. So, leaving the Spyder parked when we took the trolley down to the area of Market St. where the cool eateries are, was perfect! We started Sat. night at “Taco Mac”. I had read about this place before. They originated in Atlanta a few years back. And, they are all about beer (probably 100 brands), and good pub fare. That was fun! Jean wanted Sushi for dinner. So, we found out that there was a Seksui just down the street. Me? Not much a sushi eater. I like my food cooked. J But, recently she introduced me to the crunchy shrimp rolls (which are actually cooked). We got a table on the outside balcony. It was a perfect night, too. We had salads, and shared 3 different rolls. I especially, enjoyed the Dragon Roll. More spicy! But, it was all really good!
Little Richard was the last act to take the stage for the RiverBend Festival. And, we could here him from our outside dining area. Market St. is just a couple of blocks up from the TN River. After he completed his show, we saw the most magnificent fireworks show ever! Chattanooga knows how to entertain!
We ended up walking back to the Hotel. Lol! No shuttles to be found. It was a few blocks. But, since the weather was so nice, that was fine.
Sunday was already planned – at least partially. J We got up early, and had breakfast at one of the hotel’s restaurants. Very nice! We already had the Spyder’s trunk loaded up with our rain gear, just in case. We were headed up Lookout Mountain. And, staying at this hotel was great for that reason, as well. The ascent begins just about 3 miles from the Choo-Choo. And, this is also where you can climb on board the Incline Train that climbs the side of Lookout Mtn. for a mile! J And, it’s very close to vertical, too!