PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 20.8 is now availible

TheCajun1957
03-06-2019, 07:08 PM
Dealer called me this afternoon and said the special USB cable came in, it connects BUDDS to the BRP connect cable. This enables BUDDS to communicate with the Dash. As you can see from the pics, I now have 20.8 firmware installed. I just got the upgrade 45 minutes ago so I do not know what has been upgraded. I will not be able to play with it for a few days. Just wanted to let yall know!!

billybovine
03-06-2019, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the update. I will be interested to know what you find out. In particular if FM and AUX will BT to the helmet headset.

Now I will have to wait for my BUDS software supplier to get the update available. That way I can update it myself.

TheCajun1957
03-06-2019, 08:16 PM
If and when you get the Dash firmware upgrade, please list here what you find differently. I have not played with 13.2 all that much.

TheCajun1957
03-06-2019, 08:19 PM
I think you will need the special USB cable. Dealer plugged in the usb cable and the normal BUDDS cable and it popped up. The Tech did say there was a notice stating the upgrade was available.

billybovine
03-06-2019, 08:27 PM
I got the USB cable with a full size "A" connector, on both ends, at a local clearance store the last time I updated to 13.2. To my surprise they had one and I also had a choice of 3 different lengths.

TheCajun1957
03-06-2019, 08:42 PM
Well I wanted to let people know that the upgrade is real and can be gotten by a dealer, proof in the pics!

Flamewinger
03-06-2019, 10:42 PM
That's great! I'll be calling my dealer tomorrow and if it stops raining I'll be taking it in to get it done.

McClendons
03-07-2019, 09:05 AM
Thanks. Anxious to hear about updates, and fingers crossed about bluetooth implementation for FM and Aux! Please let us know when you have a chance.

_..stiffler..
03-07-2019, 11:00 AM
I would love to know what has changed as well. It will be a while for me before I can get my spyder down to get updated... cant wait to hear

thanks

Stiff

Cruzr Joe
03-07-2019, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the update. I will be interested to know what you find out. In particular if FM and AUX will BT to the helmet headset.

Now I will have to wait for my BUDS software supplier to get the update available. That way I can update it myself.

FM and MP3 (AUX) will be Bluetooth with the new Software, also the dash now tells you how many miles before empty of fuel.

This is not listed as a FREE SOFTWARE UPDATE, it is recommended with a service, your dealer may or may not charge you for this update.

Cruzr Joe

Cruzr Joe
03-07-2019, 03:45 PM
This is for 2018 and up with the digital cluster.

Cruzr Joe

TheCajun1957
03-07-2019, 07:32 PM
Cruzr Joe is Correct, display does show miles left for fuel. Just went out to the spyder, connected my helmet to the dash, switched from speakers to helmet and went to FM radio. it works though not great sounding. I switched over to music on brp connect and played songs from my iPhone. That connection sounds a lot better! Will find out this weekend how my girlfriends helmet interacts. Though she likes to be connected to her phone for calls, don't know how that will work out if she and I will still be able to talk to each other. We are using Sena 20s.

TheCajun1957
03-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Now I can hear music through the helmet speakers from brp connect, I wish BRP would add other music apps.

_..stiffler..
03-07-2019, 08:26 PM
Does google maps work with it now??

TheCajun1957
03-07-2019, 09:10 PM
Google Maps is not listed on BRP Connect, how do you get it onto the dash?

Flamewinger
03-07-2019, 11:09 PM
Google Maps is not listed on BRP Connect, how do you get it onto the dash?

Click on the "Maps" icon and you get Google Maps. Not sure if you need to have a route already going or if you can put in a destination while on the dash.

TheCajun1957
03-08-2019, 05:46 AM
I start BRP Connect on my phone, select Maps and get a tomtom disclaimer. I do not have tomtom app loaded on my phone. Still in maps on Connect I start a route. I hook up my iphone to the spyder and turn the key on, letting everything connect, I press the apps button on the back of the left handle and select Maps. A Map comes up with my current location,but with no route. Dash does not have much control,zoom in and out and and a icon to the left to track or not.ok what am I doingwrong?

Pirate looks at --
03-08-2019, 08:45 AM
Ok dumb question, but how do I tell what version of the software is on out 18 RTL?

TheCajun1957
03-08-2019, 10:10 AM
On the right side of the dash, using the small joystick, go to settings, then select info. Look at the top of this post the first pic, where you see 20.8 you will have a number there, thats the version you have.

billybovine
03-08-2019, 10:12 AM
Ok dumb question, but how do I tell what version of the software is on out 18 RTL?

Going by my fading memory because my Spyder is in storage. Choose the gear icon for settings. Then the question mark icon.

billythekidd
03-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Yup, everything works with the new dash software. The miles left might have some learning to do because when I left the dealer it said 81 miles and when I got home after driving 12 miles it said 83. It does not appear to have made the boot time any faster as it still takes a bit for the dash to boot. Best of all it was free to me...

TheCajun1957
03-08-2019, 05:40 PM
After reading a couple of articles , Google maps needs to contact BRP and find out what they need to do to make it compatible with BRP Connect. SO, open Google Maps on your phone, in the upper left corner touch the settings menu, select Help & Feedback, select Send Feedback, then select Send APP feedback. Then tell them to get with BRP, and find out how to get added to BRP Connect!

Flamewinger
03-08-2019, 07:13 PM
My “Platinum” dealer doesn’t have it and isn’t in any hurry to get it. They seem to want to wait for it to show up.

Those of you that have it, how did your dealer get it?

Thanks

Flamewinger
03-08-2019, 07:16 PM
Yup, everything works with the new dash software. The miles left might have some learning to do because when I left the dealer it said 81 miles and when I got home after driving 12 miles it said 83. It does not appear to have made the boot time any faster as it still takes a bit for the dash to boot. Best of all it was free to me...

I’m guessing that it’s similar to my car and that it depends on calculations of either highway or surface streets. As gas millage varies depending on how fast you’re traveling.

TheCajun1957
03-08-2019, 07:25 PM
My “Platinum” dealer doesn’t have it and isn’t in any hurry to get it. They seem to want to wait for it to show up.

Those of you that have it, how did your dealer get it?

Thanks

Not sure, tech hooked up his connections to BUDDS and instrument cluster popped up and said there was a valid update. Don't know if it helps but go back to top of this post and look at the 3rd pic.

billythekidd
03-08-2019, 09:10 PM
I called the dealer and they said the had the update and would I like to schedule a time to install. It took about 45 mins. As to how they got it...I did not ask, nor would I.

TheCajun1957
03-11-2019, 05:08 AM
Update! Girlfriend and I went for a ride Sunday, I have an iPhone 7 and she has an android 8 active, we linked our phones and helmets with Sena 20s to the BRP Connect. Started out with FM radio, got the radio to come over both helmets, took several tries to talk to each other. Finally when we could talk, at first it tried to mute music and let us talk. That didn't last long. I had to mute the volume, then our Sena 20s, would allow us to talk. Switched over to music on my iPhone. Music in Driver helmet came right up, riders helmet had to be reconnected, took a few tries, finally got it to work. Same thing, had to mute to talk. Only one phone at a time on the system could take calls. I got a call with no problems, Girlfriend got a call and we didn't know it. Got tired of it so we disconnected from the BRP connect and resynced our phones and helmets.

Cruzr Joe
03-25-2019, 11:03 AM
The updated software made it a little better

Cruzr Joe

JeffandLori
03-27-2019, 06:54 PM
I am not sure if this is new. I have only had my spyder for a week. It has the 20.8 When in eco mode only it coaches you to raise the rpm if you are lugging it around. Right above the orange number that tells you what gear you are in an orange up arrow appears when in low rpm.
Is this something or not?

hershey
05-29-2019, 02:11 PM
I think you will need the special USB cable. Dealer plugged in the usb cable and the normal BUDDS cable and it popped up. The Tech did say there was a notice stating the upgrade was available.

Ah....this morning I checked my 2018 and I have version 11.0 not even 13.0....and I just got it off the showroom floor two weeks ago....whats up with that???? Waiting on a call from the Service Supervisor at the dealer....:gaah: I might as well not even mess with trying to hook up the new Sena10S's I just got....

Airborne
05-29-2019, 03:53 PM
I am not sure if this is new. I have only had my spyder for a week. It has the 20.8 When in eco mode only it coaches you to raise the rpm if you are lugging it around. Right above the orange number that tells you what gear you are in an orange up arrow appears when in low rpm.
Is this something or not?

I think what you are looking at is the gear shift advisory whist in eco mode for economical fuel use not necessarily for a lugging motor,

JP58
05-29-2019, 07:58 PM
Ah....this morning I checked my 2018 and I have version 11.0 not even 13.0....and I just got it off the showroom floor two weeks ago....whats up with that???? Waiting on a call from the Service Supervisor at the dealer....:gaah: I might as well not even mess with trying to hook up the new Sena10S's I just got....

Yours is the oldest update. Not much worked with 11.20 You need 20.8 Call your dealer. They should have done that before you picked it up. Demand they do it for free. You paid for that with the prep.

hershey
05-29-2019, 08:28 PM
Thank you....been waiting all day for a call from the dealer Svc dept after I called twice...now 9:30 and no call...the longer they screw around, the madder I'm getting...

Airborne
05-30-2019, 02:51 AM
Thank you....been waiting all day for a call from the dealer Svc dept after I called twice...now 9:30 and no call...the longer they screw around, the madder I'm getting...

The same all over, too many customers, not enough staff. Sucks!